NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 23 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 23

Gonzaga is the best team in the nation.
They are my pick to win it all. Complete team
I’ll wait to see them against FSU. Baylor looks bad more than Gonzaga looks good.

I’ll wait to see them against FSU. Baylor looks bad more than Gonzaga looks good.
Gonzaga defense has completely locked down Baylor.
Gonzaga is all around good.
Florida State has the talent to beat them but Gonzaga is the better team.
I will be rooting for Florida State.
Gonzaga is deep, they can score inside, midrange and from 3.

What a joke of a game on Thursday. 16 threes? Lmao

Agreed - Gonzaga doesn't really even look good tonight,
Gonzaga is shooting over 50% and holding Baylor to 34% shooting.
Gonzaga is playing great.
The Zags defense is locking down Baylor.

I love how these announcers think it’s a grand accomplishment to shut down the Baylor offense now. They were middle of the pack Big XII team that wasn’t good at anything except rebounding.

One game against the softest, most stubborn defense in the tournament doesn’t change that.

Gonzaga is shooting over 50% and holding Baylor to 34% shooting.
Gonzaga is playing great.
The Zags defense is locking down Baylor.

Their inside game is great. Outside game, not so much.

Gonzaga defense has completely locked down Baylor.
Gonzaga is all around good.
Florida State has the talent to beat them but Gonzaga is the better team.
I will be rooting for Florida State.
Gonzaga is deep, they can score inside, midrange and from 3.
Still feeling good about Gonzaga? I’m honestly not impressed. I rarely ever gamble, but I’m tempted to throw some money down on FSU if the Zags figure it out and move on.

This tournament is boring. Most boring in a long time. And it’s not just because SU lost on day 1. No great buzzer beaters we’ve seen some years. No real major upsets. Some bad basketball. Lower seeded teams that won Thursday look like garbage today. Baylor, Murray St, Minnesota, Florida. This tourney feels like the ACC. Very top heavy.

This tournament is boring. Most boring in a long time. And it’s not just because SU lost on day 1. No great buzzer beaters we’ve seen some years. No real major upsets. Some bad basketball. Lower seeded teams that won Thursday look like garbage today. Baylor, Murray St, Minnesota, Florida. This tourney feels like the ACC. Very top heavy.
Agreed. Probably the worst tournament in recent memory so far.

There’s been, maybe 2 games, that came down to a final possession? Maybe 5 close games? The rest have been absolute beatdowns.

...and that is why we need to go to 6 fouls. College refs are too bad to have the number be 5, imo.

Most “vital” (ba dum ching) player for Baylor gets sidelined because refs have zero clue what to do on block/charge calls.

Michigan State/Minnesota is your next entry into this garbage tournament so far.

I get that the committee probably thought Louisville would be there, but maybe if they didn’t play their little games (that they deny playing) and have Richard Pitino vs Ville, we could avoid B1G vs B1G in the 2nd Round.

One Shining Podcast basically stated as much before it started. Said the falloff after the top eight was way greater than in previous years.

Best basketball game of the weekend was Spurs/Rockets.

Still feeling good about Gonzaga? I’m honestly not impressed. I rarely ever gamble, but I’m tempted to throw some money down on FSU if the Zags figure it out and move on.
Gonzaga is up 11 with 3 minutes to go.
Baylor played well this second half. Florida State can beat Gonzaga.
Gonzaga is the best team in the tournament.

Some people still think Gonzaga always fails in the tournament, but that a thing of the past.

The last 5 years prior to this one, they have played above their seed line twice, played to their seed line 3 times, and never below their seed line.

That being said I think that Gonzaga-Florida St will be a good one. (In fact Florida St beat them in the Sweet 16 by 15 points last year)

I thought Villanova Purdue would be a really good game but Boilermakers taking it to them

Gonzaga is up 11 with 3 minutes to go.
Baylor played well this second half. Florida State can beat Gonzaga.
Gonzaga is the best team in the tournament.
Do you just have your last sentence in a clipboard so you can just hit ctrl-V in every post? ;)

Do you just have your last sentence in a clipboard so you can just hit ctrl-V in every post? ;)
Just my opinion.
I don’t think Duke, North Carolina, Virginia are better than Gonzaga and those are the 1 seeds.
I do believe Gonzaga should have been a 2 seed based on their resume.
However they played like crap against Baylor and still scored over 80 points.
In today’s college basketball of low possession games that is impressive.

The best team doesn’t win the tournament most years because it’s one and done.
That regional is going to be loaded and it will be hard to win.
Michigan-Buffalo/Texas Tech is a stud game and Florida State can obviously beat them.

The Purdue beatdown of Nova is amazing to watch.
Villanova has totally given up.
Purdue could win this game by 50 if they want too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom