NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 23 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 23

Defending champs Villanova and their man-to-man defense getting absolutely abused by Purdue, including 12 3’s, 7 for Edwards... they should guard that guy, ammirite?! Makes you wonder if it’s not always the system but rather the players playing it that makes the difference

Defending champs Villanova and their man-to-man defense getting absolutely abused by Purdue, including 12 3’s, 7 for Edwards... they should guard that guy, ammirite?! Makes you wonder if it’s not always the systembut rather the players playing it that makes the difference
LOL. Let’s win 2 titles in 3 years and then see if the frustration will be the same.
This post is does nothing to change anything about our program’s problems.
Villanova literally lost their top 4 players from last year and their system/players still won the Big East regular season and postseason tournament.
Nova was ranked pretty much the entire year in a rebuilding year.
Won their first round game and you want to crow?
Good job good effort.
Nova is getting their a$$ kicked. But yeah let’s defend the zone.

I didn't catch the LSU-Maryland. I suspect it was a good game since it was within 2.

But the margin of victory so far today of 110 through 7 games (16 per game) has to be amongst the highest (if not the highest) of a day in the second round in quite some time.

LOL. Let’s win 2 titles in 3 years and then see if the frustration will be the same.
Villanova literally lost their top 4 players from last year and their system still won the Big East regular season and postseason tournament.
Good job good effort.
No, I'm pointing out that one game scenarios should not involve sweeping judgments about a program, which is what is often pointed to here. Do you disagree that that happens on this board? When zone is the only reason Baylor makes as many 3's as they did, when the defending champ Villanova plays man and is getting scorched? It's silliness to think that way.

No, I'm pointing out that one game scenarios should not involve sweeping judgments about a program, which is what is often pointed to here. Do you disagree that that happens on this board? When zone is the only reason Baylor makes as many 3's as they did, when the defending champ Villanova plays man and is getting scorched? It's silliness to think that way.
Baylor literally made 16 3’s. We lost that game because of our defense.
We made no adjustments to how we played.
Our program plays 100% zone even if the opponent is torching us. That criticism is valid even if people accept that is what we do. Just because JB won’t switch doesn’t mean fans can’t express frustration with it.

If you have watched this game Nova has switched defenses but Edwards is destroying them.

Nova has 2 titles in 3 years and this year was amazing for where they were.

Baylor literally made 16 3’s. We lost that game because of our defense.
We made no adjustments to how we played.
Our program plays 100% zone even if the opponent is torching us. That criticism is valid even if people accept that is what we do. Just because JB won’t switch doesn’t mean fans can’t express frustration with it.

If you have watched this game Nova has switched defenses but Edwards is destroying them.

Nova has 2 titles in 3 years and this year was amazing for where they were.
Nova winning 2 out of 3 national championships is great for them, and literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about... it gets somewhat annoying and frustrating when you continue to respond with nothing that I'm talking about. Let me be clear, the piont of my post was that it is silly to take a one game scenario and make sweeping judgements about a program. i.e. "A Team hit a lot of 3's so Syracuse shouldn't play the zone anymore" types. It has nothing to do with people not being able to express frustration, where do you get that from what I posted!? It doesn't even mean that a body of work for a season cannot be addressed, I'm talking about a specific type of response using one game as "proof" of some kind.

Damn, there hasn’t been a channel I could switch to all night to watch a fun competitive game.

I’m switching to two and a half men reruns.

Nova winning 2 out of 3 national championships is great for them, and literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about... it gets somewhat annoying and frustrating when you continue to respond with nothing that I'm talking about. Let me be clear, the piont of my post was that it is silly to take a one game scenario and make sweeping judgements about a program. i.e. "A Team hit a lot of 3's so Syracuse shouldn't play the zone anymore" types. It has nothing to do with people not being able to express frustration, where do you get that from what I posted!? It doesn't even mean that a body of work for a season cannot be addressed, I'm talking about a specific type of response using one game as "proof" of some kind.
Our zone lost us the game against Baylor.
Almost any other team in the nation would have changed defenses just to confuse the opponent.
I can’t say every team because their are probably very few who wouldn’t change and those teams/coaches would be stupid as well.
If you don’t see how Gonzaga locked down Baylor in the first half and Baylor struggled that is okay.

Nobody is saying to scrap the zone.
People don’t fight the zone. People fight the fact our coach won’t deviate from the zone when the opponent is shredding it and/or getting tons of offensive rebounds.

If we switched to 90% zone and 10% 1-3-1 or m2m or something else besides the 2-3 it could confuse the opponent and switch momentum.

We don’t change and teams know that and attack that.
Coaches who want to play 100% m2m like Coach K/Bill Self/John Calipari have adapted and added zones to their teams when they struggle and get shredded in m2m.
The refusal of our HC to do the same is where frustration from within our fanbase comes out.

Hopefully today just means that teams like Florida St, Purdue and Auburn are peaking and they will give us really good games in the sweet 16.

Watching them play, gives us reason to believe they all can compete very well with Gonzaga, Tennesee and UNC respectively in the next round.

Kansas with 1 time out left with 8 min left in first half

Wow 26-0 in transition. How does that happen?

Alsacs, again... this is just going to be my last response, because you continue to misinterpret what I'm saying. I think our disagreement comes down to this statement from you.

Nobody is saying to scrap the zone.
People don’t fight the zone.
People fight the fact our coach won’t deviate from the zone when the opponent is shredding it and/or getting tons of offensive rebounds.

Really? NOBODY on this board says scrap the zone, and people don't fight the zone? Come on. Not everyone does (and I'm not saying you do either), but to say nobody does is just laughable and clearly incorrect.

Here's a thread for proof zone

Auburn seems to have 10 guys who can do things not 1 of our guys can do .. and auburn is no great shakes .. what the hell is up with our talent level
They’re the anti-Syracuse... A bunch of skilled little guys who can penetrate, shoot and play pressure m2m.

It's not a one game scenario when you finish in the middle of your league five years in a row. That's not 'small sample size.' The 'zone' discussion isn't about "Baylor."

Villanova literally lost their top 4 players from last year and their system/players still won the Big East regular season and postseason tournament.
Nova was ranked pretty much the entire year in a rebuilding year.
Good job good effort.
Ha! I can just imagine you with your tongue out, and eyes bugged as you typed this.
Simmer down!

Love how fast auburn plays
Yeah, they're really impressing me. My first time seeing them.
Gonzaga was also very cool. Everyone is strong, solid, capable, without being flashy. A well-constructed team. I really, really like Mark Few. Can't say that about Bruce Pearl, but i do believe he can coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom