NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 25 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 25

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FsCRpgyWAAAbJZF
MM0325.jpg

Haven’t drank since Dook in the dome. Tonight’s games seem worthy of putting those shoes back on.

What a weird NCAAT. We figured going in that this would be the most wide open ever. But we saw zero 12 seeds W, usually we have two. And we only had five double digit seeds make the 2nd round which is pretty chalky. Having a 15 and 16 win kinda masked that. But then we only get ONE of the Top 8 seeds make the Elite 8. That is crazy. And we only had four Top 16 seeds make the Elite 8. Conversely we only had ONE team outside of the Top 24 seeds make the Elite 8. So we have 7 out of 8 as top teams, but THE top teams are all gone.

The last 25 NCAATs the 1-5 seeds have 86% of the Final Fours. And oddly zero 6 seeds have made a Final Four, which doesn't bode well for Creighton. This year at least two of the F4 teams will be a 1-5 seed, with a chance of all 4 being a 1-5. Even Creighton is in the Top 24 seeds, so the only real chance of an outlier is Florida Atlantic as a 9 seed.

FAU is also the only little program left. San Diego State is a good mid major, who might end up in the P12 soon. Gonzaga is almost like a P6 team, and might end up in the B12 soon. They other 5 are all from a P6 conference.

Whatever team or teams I place a wager on tonight will be who I am rooting for.
Good chance I’m a huge Yukon fan this evening.

Root for FAU.

As for the actual championship; think everyone needs to be mentally prepared for the inevitable.

Anyone but UConn now.
Just like it always is, UConn timing things up just right.
They get (let’s say) Top 10 good and the whole bracket falls apart: 2011/beats 8-seed Butler (who does not score 50) in the worst title game in about 75 years; 2014/Kemba single-handedly beat 8-seed, pedestrian Kentucky; and 2004/3-seed Georgia Tech (solid team, no NBA starters).

I do give them full credit for their initial title, beating No.1 overall seed Duke in 1999.

It is uncanny … and it appears to be lining up again.
We are all Zags tonight.

Last edited:
Just like it always is, UConn timing things up just right.
They get (let’s say) Top 10 good and the whole bracket falls apart: 2011/beats 8-seed Butler (who does. It score 50) in the worst title game in about 75 years; 2011/Kemba single-handed beat 8-seed, pedestrian Kentucky and in 2004; and 2004/3-seed Georgia Tech (solid team, no NBA starters).

I do give them full credit for their initial title, beating No.1 overall seed Duke in 1999.

It is uncanny … and it appears to be lining up again.
We are all Zags tonight.
I mean I get the hatred but when I see people devalue nc’s and not credit them when facts are staring all of us in face , it makes me feel that this is the kind of energy that contributes to their runs.

Plus you don’t mention what they did to get there and mention only the title game and then and act like it was a fluke. So let’s take a deeper dive into the 11 and 14 title runs that get so maligned.

2011-
Never lost OOC and won Maui .

5 games in 5 days at BET the last 4 against ranked teams ( including us) , in a league that sent 9 teams to tourney

Then went to tournament as 3 seed ( so did we) and beat 6 seed cinci , 2 seed sdst, 5 seed Arizona, 4 seed Kentucky before getting butler. That’s not chopped liver , that was Kawai Leonard’s sdst team and willams Zona team.
Put that BET run with the NCAA run and being undefeated OOC for whole year, and hard for me to call it a fluke with a straight face. I mean they had Kemba, no one else did.

2014- ok that one confounds me a touch, but they ran a gauntlet to the championship game that no one could call lucky. In consecutive games they took out 2- seed nova ( Jay Wright) , 3 - seed Iowa state ( hoiberg) 4- seed Michigan ST ( izzo) and overall tourney 1- seed Florida ( billy Donovan ) . Florida had lost ONE game all year ( oddly enough to uconn in December) before that FF matchup. If that isn’t earning your way to a title nothing is, and then they still had to deal with a loaded if underachieving Kentucky team.

2004? Lol really? They were one of best teams in last 25 years.

Tganks for making me feel dirty now
Can we please dispense with this narrative before we will them to another one? I can’t take it. I live in CT.

Last edited:
FWIW, #2 seed UConn women are down 10 in the 2nd half.
I’m a buckeye and bulldog today. Also you may have just given this the mush. Now down 5

I ran into a guy this summer in Nashville wearing a Yukon basketball shirt and he tells me that he works for the team so I start telling him how I met Hurley and whatever blah blah and then he gets visibly mad at me because he works for the women’s team and I assumed he meant men’s. Sorry man

I ran into a guy this summer in Nashville wearing a Yukon basketball shirt and he tells me that he works for the team so I start telling him how I met Hurley and whatever blah blah and then he gets visibly mad at me because he works for the women’s team and I assumed he meant men’s. Sorry man
Well, he didn't specify he worked for the women's team, so you're good.

Did you throw a brick at him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom