NCAA Final Four Games for Saturday April 3 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for Saturday April 3

Completely overlooked in all this is how fast Kispert took the ball out and got it back into Suggs. Don't get me started on how he didn't box out Juzang after his first shot missed.
If the game had gone the other way, Kispert might have been the goat. He missed open 3-pointers in the last minute of regulation and in the middle of OT.

If the game had gone the other way, Kispert might have been the goat. He missed open 3-pointers in the last minute of regulation and in the middle of OT.

For a guy who was a stud all season, he was pretty much lukewarm last night. He wasn't bad, he just didn't show up in a national semi-final like Timme did. I'm hoping this got his attention and he'll play more like he has come Monday night. :)

Overall, despite missing some early lay-ups due to UCLA's physical play inside, Gonzaga played better than the score might indicate. Juzang had 29 after averaging 16 on the season. His eruption was the difference that kept UCLA in the game. And he hit a number of shots with a defender in his face. But, "When you're hot, you're hot." That's basketball.
Juzang wasn't the only reason UCLA took it to the wire. Jacquez, Campbell and Riley all went for more than their season averages. Juzang led the way but it was a balanced attack.

I picked Illinois, just to gamble. Figured if it happened, it would put me ahead of all the people who picked Baylor-Gonzaga. This is usually my strategy, and it usually doesn’t work.
I had Houston for the same reason. Felt like to me Illinois was a more popular pick than Baylor before the tournament.

Suggs is so special. Usually players this good are gone long before they have this moment. So many players pass on this moment for the money, and given their economic situation it's completely understandable. There are players who will take a good paycheck and not regret it for a moment, but it's hard to put a monetary value on where Suggs is at this moment. What is it worth?
From what I've seen of Suggs, he might be the best college player in the nation. I wonder how great his high school team in Minnesota was last year--one of his teammates was 7 foot 1 Chet Holmgren, who is rated the #1 recruit this season.

The Greatest of All Time?

Or do we need another acronym for that?

I picked Illinois, just to gamble. Figured if it happened, it would put me ahead of all the people who picked Baylor-Gonzaga. This is usually my strategy, and it usually doesn’t work.

I picked Illinois because they blew through the big ten Tournament and that's the best conference in the country - we thought. :oops::rolleyes:

One other benefit of March Madness is the comic relief it provides where so many of the talking heads give their H0T Takes about the tournament. Many of these jokers pay no attention to college hoops until mid-March. I'm listening to VSIN today and Michael Lombardi is providing his analysis of Gonzaga and how they beat Iowa back in December and "Suggs wasn't even on the team back then." I'm thinking to myself that can't be true and sure enough I see in the box score that Suggs had 27 against Iowa. Stick to your day job, pal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom