NCAA Final Four Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, somebody will win their first national title on Monday. Off of what I've seen I think it will be Texas Tech but I'd prefer to keep it in conference with Virginia.

JB was on this one early. In one of his first shows he cited Texas Tech as an exceptional team and he said all year long that Virginia now had the offensive talent to go with their defense and win a national championship.

Tom Izzo is great at getting to the Final Four(8 times) but he's 3-7 when he gets there with two of the wins coming 19 years ago. He's 2-6 in national semi-finals. Something to thing about the next time you fill out a bracket are tempted to put them in the final game, as I did this year.

The book is closed on my sheet: 40-23, 43-24 if you count the play-in games. Not great but not bad, either.

Monday night will be Stephen A. Smith's worst nightmare come true. He may be on suicide watch.

Monday night will be Stephen A. Smith's worst nightmare come true. He may be on suicide watch.
hey congrats. say, is there a big cowboy contingent amongst the UVA fanbase? In mpls today I say multiple fans in different groups wearing cowboy hats

hey congrats. say, is there a big cowboy contingent amongst the UVA fanbase? In mpls today I say multiple fans in different groups wearing cowboy hats
That's more than a bit strange. You don't see them at any of our games in just about any sport and we have a fairly decent number of students from Texas.

Tough final four for me. Would have won 60 if auburn won and 240 if MSU did. Instead, lost 30! Haha
Sounds like you did better than most.

Yeah, seriously. Love to hear how Texas Tech is Georgetown 2.0.
Big John Thompson's Ewing Era Hoyas, I'd agree. They guard you up and come at you in waves off the bench. Tariq Owens and that other kid, name escapes me, are playing the Ewing/Reggie Williams role- tough D, and smooth offense. I personally LOVE their D, and have always wanted us to play that style. JMHO

Big John Thompson's Ewing Era Hoyas, I'd agree. They guard you up and come at you in waves off the bench. Tariq Owens and that other kid, name escapes me, are playing the Ewing/Reggie Williams role- tough D, and smooth offense. I personally LOVE their D, and have always wanted us to play that style. JMHO

Agree that TT is a phenomenal defensive team. But pretty sure that cowtown was not being complementary in his comparison to Gtown.

if you got the personnel and can make every trip up the court a major a$$ ache why not do it ?
you're rewarded in turnovers and stress and fatigue and tempo. plus the opposition has less time to execute.

Last edited:
We should be so lucky. Smith is such a dreadful gasbag.

Stephen A came and gave a speech to our football team last summer, and then went on an awesome rant predicting them to beat Notre Dame(of course he was way off there but whatever...), so I have to give him at least a little support.

Any visible public figure trying to give Syracuse football publicity after the last 20 years is on my good side.

Stephen A came and gave a speech to our football team last summer, and then went on an awesome rant predicting them to beat Notre Dame(of course he was way off there but whatever...), so I have to give him at least a little support.

Any visible public figure trying to give Syracuse football publicity after the last 20 years is on my good side.
Yeah, normally I can't listen to his rants, but he came down HARD on Syracuse's side, and the kids loved it when he spoke to them, so props to him.

Baylor Notre Dame tied at 80 with 16 seconds left in the women's game on ESPN. Not very often I say this but go Irish!

Agree that TT is a phenomenal defensive team. But pretty sure that cowtown was not being complementary in his comparison to Gtown.
Oh yeah, I'm well aware he's not a fan of that kinda "in your grill", hacky-sack defense. I just disagree w/ his POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom