NCAA First Four Games for March 19-20 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA First Four Games for March 19-20

I honestly thought Tony Bennett was COY in the ACC. I’ve thought this Virginia team was one of the worst I have ever seen in the ACC this or any year. 7 games under 50 points this year and he somehow got them to the tournament. Total embarrassment tonight.

This team went 13-7 in the ACC and people want to say the league was good hahahahahaha gtfoh
They are only as good as their streak shooters are ‘on’ and how poorly their opponent is playing defensively. Their best 3 point shooter, McNeeley, had an unconscious shooting night against us going 6-8 from 3. SU managed to play horrendous both offensively and defensively. We shot just 40.7% and let Va, the poor offensive team, shoot 54.6% (including an incredible 57.1% from 3). Horrible, no excuse for it.

If this is one of the 44 best teams in the country, as their seed suggests, I don’t think expansion is the solution.
They aren’t but the committee was a disaster this year. They should’ve listened to their silly NET ranking with UVa.

7 games under 50 in a season for any ACC team probably has not been done since it was seemingly illegal to dribble with your off-hand and half of the players were wearing rec specs for a crowd filled with 90% fedora wearing men (I am all for fedoras).

7 games under 50 in a season for any ACC team probably has not been done since it was seemingly illegal to dribble with your off-hand and half of the players were wearing rec specs for a crowd filled with 90% fedora wearing men (I am all for fedoras).
North Carolina scored more in a half when they ran the 4 corners back in the day of no shot clock.

The ACC is so so so bad.
It's all good. Just as long as the remaining teams win a game or two, we can forget the other teams exist and still pretend the ACC is the best conference. ;)

It’s both. Our conference stinks.

Also, NIT?!
That's why things need to change 72 and 8 major conferences let's you play home and home with everyone in your conference. 16 conference games, and eliminates the unbalanced schedule.

That's why things need to change 72 and 8 major conferences let's you play home and home with everyone in your conference. 16 conference games, and eliminates the unbalanced schedule.
I don't see a need for individual conferences. It's just an added management layer to soak up revenue from revenue sports.

I'll say it. Worst team to watch in college ball and not even close for me. I'm irrationally but maybe rationally pissed off.
But but but they play good hard basketball! Look at the ball movement! They don't foul! You can't speed them up!
It's why I never could get into any of the fantasizing about Bennett replacing JAB. Great that he can build a good team out of the recruits he can get, and his system generally does well, but it's awful basketball to watch. Reminds me of a less-effective neutral-zone trap from the NJ Devils.

He needs to adjust his system clearly - however if we are applauding Red for getting 20 wins out of our band, Bennett has to get some props for getting that team to 13 wins in an admittedly weak ACC.

The only spot on the floor they have an advantage is PG and he isn't great. Bennett is their best asset and that appears to be a dwindling one at least for now.

IMG_0491.jpeg

Doesn’t change the point that that was a talented team 5 years ago with 6 players who played in the NBA.
It does seem worth it to qualify. This wasn't Kentucky with Wall and Cousins and Bledsoe and Patrick Patterson and Darius miller. It was a team of good college players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom