NCAA going after the big problems | Syracusefan.com

NCAA going after the big problems

"Cal Poly self-reported the slight overages in funding, and the NCAA’s panel found that it was clearly not intentional."

It seems like the only thing the NCAA successfully punishes are schools that self-report, and individual athletes, otherwise, you can pretty much do anything and get away with it.

Why did we self-report?????? Why did we suspend Fab Melo? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? haha

I would imagine once these kids declare for the draft most VERY quickly have access to really expensive cars. I mean, this one is excessive, as he's not Zion, but kid's are stupid.
Could rent exotics for not so much. Plus who knows, companies could be tossing them a bone in Hope's that it pays off.

FWIW, it has been reported that Louisville, Kansas, & Arizona have all been officially notified by the NCAA of a Notice of Inquiry concerning the revelations of last fall's trials. It's a step...

How are these schools still able to recruit?

Great question...they keep pulling 5 star recruits like nobodies business even with the FBI nonsense
The 5-stars' entourages think that they'll be gone before the NCAA comes down on the schools/coaches. So far, we're only at the stage where the inquiry notices have gone out. The next steps are: the schools get to respond; they get a hearing; and then the NCAA makes its decision. Much to Arizona, et al.'s relief and our disappointment, it doesn't happen overnight. The schools will try to drag this out for as long as they can because they know they're dead meat because of what's on the wiretap transcripts.

Who can be bothered with that when there are papers with improper citations.
The best part of that article...pretty soon he will have more money than he will know what to do with...not exactly true for our modern day athletes.

Unless you self-reported, I really wouldn't be all that worried.

NCAA: We have evidence you paid players, covered up some rapes, and had fake programs set up so your "student athletes" weren't really students at all.

Program: So?

NCAA: Uhhhhh, you win. Foiled again!! Carry on as before.

Anyway, now we can use the money we would have spent on the follow-on investigation to give a bonus and raise to Mr. Emmert for his tenacity in this whole matter!

Unless you self-reported, I really wouldn't be all that worried.

NCAA: We have evidence you paid players, covered up some rapes, and had fake programs set up so your "student athletes" weren't really students at all.

Program: So?

NCAA: Uhhhhh, you win. Foiled again!! Carry on as before.

Anyway, now we can use the money we would have spent on the follow-on investigation to give a bonus and raise to Mr. Emmert for his tenacity in this whole matter!
Exactly. After the UNC debacle, I have no faith the NCAA will do anything to any blue blood programs.

"Cal Poly self-reported the slight overages in funding, and the NCAA’s panel found that it was clearly not intentional."

It seems like the only thing the NCAA successfully punishes are schools that self-report, and individual athletes, otherwise, you can pretty much do anything and get away with it.

Why did we self-report?????? Why did we suspend Fab Melo? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? haha
If I remember correctly we were put in a corner because a member of the academic community was whistle blowing that Fab Melo was getting extra assistance

Basically a professor with a grudge put us in the spot where we had to report

If I remember correctly we were put in a corner because a member of the academic community was whistle blowing that Fab Melo was getting extra assistance

I’m firmly in the camp that believes you never have to self report.

Miami, Penn State, and UNC were CLEARLY breaking rules left and right, but they walked away with a collective wrist slap.

I’m firmly in the camp that believes you never have to self report.

Miami, Penn State, and UNC were CLEARLY breaking rules left and right, but they walked away with a collective wrist slap.

Why plead if you were never getting a sentence ?

I don’t recall that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom