NCAA Lax: I'm all in now | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Lax: I'm all in now

FortyFourCT

2017 Iggy Award Winner
I've realized this season/off-season that I'm going to spend a lot more time following LAX than football and basketball. I will always be a big hoops fan and I do like Cuse college football, but all the conference realignment, the money issues, kids leaving early, etc. It isn't amateur sports anymore. OK, I know it hasn't been for some time, but the last couple of seasons have been much worst than usual.

LAX on the other hand really brings it back to what collegiate sports is supposed to be about (or maybe I am just being naive). I have been a very casual observer of the game, mainly just Cuse games. Up until the last couple of years I would just watch the title game, but last year and this year I have been watching more games when they are on TV and I am really excited to watch most of the tournament, Cuse and other teams, to learn more about the sport. From what I have seen so far, I really enjoy the game. ESPNU had a very interesting history of LAX special last night after the selection show which I really enjoyed.

Hopefully I'll attend my first game next season (since I was a student).

tl;dr version: I'm sick of hoops and football being a minor league game and I am going to take lacrosse much more serious now because of that.

just wanted to share that, thanks!

Well if you can take part of Monday off...drive up this weekend. We'll be tailgating in the Fine Lot.

Lax has remained relatively unspoiled by money. College players play for 4 years. That have been plenty of great games this year, not just Syracuse games. For instance, the ND - Army game last weekend was really entertaining and went down to the last shot. I never played the game and am still learning about it, but I'm all in, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom