NCAA National Championship Thread... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship Thread...

For those just crying about the refs- no discussion on TT’s shot selection? How about a discussion on the game stats? Culver, Owens and Mooney’s - their big 3 production vs Jerome, Hunter, Guy’s production? How Francis , Edwards off the bench even kept them in the game. Was Owens at 100%? Hunter being 4 for 5 from 3 including a huge make?

How about discussing the 2 best and most consistent performing teams made it to the championship for a great game? How and why did Texas Tech take 30 three point shots (almost 50% of their overall attempts) vs UVA’s 24 (making one less) despite UVA statistically being a much better team from the 3 than TT (36.5% TT vs 41% UVA)? Lots to discuss not even related to the refs.

Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Box Score - April 8, 2019 - ESPN

That would require actually watching the game and not being slaves to some easy narrative about how unfair it all is.

I hope this is a poor attempt at humor because Hoos is far from a troll. He brings a different (inter-conference) perspective to the board in a respectful & enjoyable manner.

amen.gif

For those just crying about the refs- no discussion on TT’s shot selection? How about a discussion on the game stats? Culver, Owens and Mooney’s - their big 3 production vs Jerome, Hunter, Guy’s production? How Francis , Edwards off the bench even kept them in the game. Was Owens at 100%? Hunter being 4 for 5 from 3 including a huge make?

How about discussing the 2 best and most consistent performing teams made it to the championship for a great game? How and why did Texas Tech take 30 three point shots (almost 50% of their overall attempts) vs UVA’s 24 (making one less) despite UVA statistically being a much better team from the 3 than TT (36.5% TT vs 41% UVA)? Lots to discuss not even related to the refs.

Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Box Score - April 8, 2019 - ESPN

There were a number of posts about TT's poor possessions, questionable shot selection, how well Hunter played, and how Culver struggled.

Owens was clearly not 100%, and fouled out in 22 minutes. No UVa player had more than 3 fouls.

Last edited:
trolling for likes & "respect" is still trolling,
just of a needy & pathetic nature
imho of course

Given your history of miscreant behavior around these forum things over the years, I should think you'd be a little less judgmental. Just IMHO.
noidea.gif

Definitely. But at least in the NFL they draw the line AND the coaches can challenge. And please know that as I'm writing this the idea of Jim Boeheim throwing a challenge flag on to the court is just as ridiculous to me.
Your avatar is awesome!
SWC used to watch him in the front row.;)

not being a troll or trying to start something, this is a 100% serious question. After possibly the greatest moment in UVA sports history, WTH are you doing posting on a Syracuse message board minutes after the horn sounds?

Oh come on you guys. Are you trying to tell me you've never heard of or used multi-tab browsing? GEESH!

There were a number of posts about TT's poor possessions, questionable shot selection, how well Hunter played, and how Culver struggled.

Owens was clearly not 100%, and fouled out in 18 minutes. No UVa player had more than 3 fouls.
I loathe Virginia. But Bennett is obviously a very good coach. Though I’m still a bit mystified why he had that little shrimp Kehai Clark in there at the end of regulation. Can someone explain that to me? All he did was pound the ball at the top of the key and waste precious shot clock time and not facilitate any offense or attack the paint. He provides no rebounding or rim protection and that allowed Texas Tech to get back in the game. I kept shouting for him to put Diakite back in there. He finally did that in OT and Diakite played great D, grabbed several key offensive and defensive boards,got at least one block and altered several other shots. Virginia would have won it in regulation if Diakite was in there at the end instead of Clark.

I loathe Virginia. But Bennett is obviously a very good coach. Though I’m still a bit mystified why he had that little shrimp Kehai Clark in there at the end of regulation. Can someone explain that to me? All he did was pound the ball at the top of the key and waste precious shot clock time and not facilitate any offense or attack the paint. He provides no rebounding or rim protection and that allowed Texas Tech to get back in the game. I kept shouting for him to put Diakite back in there. He finally did that in OT and Diakite played great D, grabbed several key offensive and defensive boards,got at least one block and altered several other shots. Virginia would have won it in regulation if Diakite was in there at the end instead of Clark.

He almost never turns the ball over, and he made life very difficult for Mooney. But Diakite getting taken out during the OT boggled me as well.

Owens was clearly not 100%, and fouled out in 18 minutes. No UVa player had more than 3 fouls.

So? Only 1 TT player had more than 3 fouls too, Owens, who you even admitted was having a poor game. Both teams had 3 players with 3 fouls. Francis and Edwards had more of an impact in this game than Owens who fouled out, in his 22 minutes. TT came back in the game with Owens on the bench.

Besides that only 1 TT player had more than 5 rebounds while UVA had 3 players with more than 5. UVA had 15 assists vs 9 for TT - more efficient ball movement.

If your offense is depending on taking more 3 pointers than your opponent to win vs attacking inside then you have to realize that you aren’t going to get as many foul calls.

So? Only 1 TT player had more than 3 fouls too, Owens, who you even admitted was having a poor game. Both teams had 3 players with 3 fouls. Francis and Edwards had more of an impact in this game than Owens who fouled out, in his 22 minutes. TT came back in the game with Owens on the bench.

Besides that only 1 TT player had more than 5 rebounds while UVA had 3 players with more than 5. UVA had 15 assists vs 9 for TT - more efficient ball movement.

If your offense is depending on taking more 3 pointers than your opponent to win vs attacking inside then you have to realize that you aren’t going to get as many foul calls.

I didn't say that Owens played poorly - I said that he clearly wasn't 100%.

TT only took 2 fewer 2-point FGs than UVa did.

The replays I saw showed they got them right. I've tried to explain block/charge here, but some of you just don't want to get it. No worries. :)

Oh you’re just as blind as Raftery and Hill lol jk. Kid was falling down before contact initiated.

A few comments since I fell asleep as soon as it ended. Well I did see Otto in One Shining Moment while falling asleep.
1. Foul shots down the line...Make your fouls shots and look what happens. UVA 100% when it counted.
2. Since we wiped them out in 2016, I have to be a good guy/girl and root for them to have their chance, so I am happy they won. We stole one from them in '16.
3. I became a fan well before the Big East. To some of us it is not all Big East, Big East, Big East. Times changed, and thankfully we moved with the times. **see UConn and football.
4. Our first home football game is against the Football National Champs and a member of OUR conference!!
5. Our first home basketball game is against the Basketball National Champs, and a member of OUR conference.
6. We have the possibility of being the team who beats BOTH National Champions come next November. Not a bad distinction and something that will be mentioned all season.
7. I think I will be at BOTH of those games.

He almost never turns the ball over, and he made life very difficult for Mooney. But Diakite getting taken out during the OT boggled me as well.
Mooney hit a couple of 3s right over him.

He's a board regular.

I'd be celebrating with fans of my own team, but c'est la vie. At least he doesn't come over here to lecture us like carpetbagger 'nole used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom