NCAA National Championship Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship Thread...

not being a troll or trying to start something, this is a 100% serious question. After possibly the greatest moment in UVA sports history, WTH are you doing posting on a Syracuse message board minutes after the horn sounds?

I didn't want to be that guy, but I was thinking the same thing.

That sounds good on paper. So you're not quantifying a blown call early because there's time left? So that didn't have an impact on anything later based on?
I'm saying that there's no perfect system. That if you have replay, you have to have limits on it. That it makes sense to be more critical nearer the end of the game when the consequence is greater. That's all.

You just have to draw a line somewhere.
I think what Steratore said was misleading. Or just wrong. Slow motion is more revealing that distorting.
Definitely. But at least in the NFL they draw the line AND the coaches can challenge. And please know that as I'm writing this the idea of Jim Boeheim throwing a challenge flag on to the court is just as ridiculous to me.

Definitely. But at least in the NFL they draw the line AND the coaches can challenge. And please know that as I'm writing this the idea of Jim Boeheim throwing a challenge flag on to the court is just as ridiculous to me.
That’s why Jimmy will be allowed to throw his jacket onto the court instead

Last edited:
Right?
But, yeah, basketball and football are just different animals. Faster pace in basketball. Football has breaks after each spurt of a play. Time for the team to actually just look up to the jumbotron to see if there's a reason for a challenge flag. Same with baseball.

Is Jerome better than Luke Kennard (Duke>Pistons)?

He won’t be as highly regarded of a prospect as Kennard was but I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns into a better NBA player. Kennard has been pretty decent since the trade deadline this year too and is obviously only in like his 2nd or 3rd year.

The ball is tipped
And there you are

In the blinking of an eye
That moment's gone

trolling for likes & "respect" is still trolling,
just of a needy & pathetic nature
imho of course
Isn’t trolling by nature searching for arguments. How do you troll for respect. Do I not understand trolling

For those just crying about the refs- no discussion on TT’s shot selection? How about a discussion on the game stats? Culver, Owens and Mooney’s - their big 3 production vs Jerome, Hunter, Guy’s production? How Francis , Edwards off the bench even kept them in the game. Was Owens at 100%? Hunter being 4 for 5 from 3 including a huge make?

How about discussing the 2 best and most consistent performing teams made it to the championship for a great game? How and why did Texas Tech take 30 three point shots (almost 50% of their overall attempts) vs UVA’s 24 (making one less) despite UVA statistically being a much better team from the 3 than TT (36.5% TT vs 41% UVA)? Lots to discuss not even related to the refs.

Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Box Score - April 8, 2019 - ESPN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom