NCAA National Championship Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship Thread...

It doesn't make sense to me that they can frame by frame it under 2 minutes and not at any other point in the game. How many other instances are there that don't get replayed? At least with the NFL the coach can challenge.
I think it makes sense in that it's the highest leverage point in the game. If something happens in the first half, you have a ton of time to compensate. You get screwed by a missed call under two minutes at the end, the impact is far greater.

How many years before we're a part of the ACC, heritage-wise? Never? Not in our lifetimes?
I might feel the same way, if the Big East were still the Big East. But, it's not. There's no 'home' left to regret leaving.

Maybe a generation or two? Twenty-five, thirty years?

Nah, it was a helluva basketball game until the refs decided to be part of the story. Same thing on Saturday.

That's not what happened. Tech's MMA style just caught up with them. The game was as well reffed as any in the tournament and the team that played better won. What more does anyone want?

Way to completely ignore my point. You can’t be inconsistent with replay if you’re going to use it. On the out of bounds call in the last minute where Tech retained possession, it looked too close to overturn, so they didn’t overturn it. But then on the call in OT they overturned, that replay was arguably even less conclusive in terms of indisputable evidence to overturn. But they overturned it anyway.

That’s the joke. The inconsistency is the joke.
I, and the refs, disagreed with your assessments on those two calls, i guess.

If something happens in the first half, you have a ton of time to compensate.
Do you think they're sitting there compensating sometime down the road for a call missed early? No way it works that way

Fringe top 5 pick. Jerome probably top 20-25 too if I had to guess and I think he’ll outplay his draft slot.

No clue if Guy will declare but goodness can he shoot the ball.
Is Jerome better than Luke Kennard (Duke>Pistons)?

I, and the refs, disagreed with your assessments on those two calls, i guess.

Again, way to ignore my point. You can’t possibly say the second call wasn’t even more inconclusive than the first.

But sure, keep buying into the NCAA machine.

That's not what happened. Tech's MMA style just caught up with them. The game was as well reffed as any in the tournament and the team that played better won. What more does anyone want?

Charge call was terrible cowtown. At least admit that.

I think it makes sense in that it's the highest leverage point in the game. If something happens in the first half, you have a ton of time to compensate. You get screwed by a missed call under two minutes at the end, the impact is far greater.
I get it, but in a game like this what if something happens with 2:01 left in the second half? I don't have any answers or suggestions at all, but even in super slow mo back and forth and back and forth and back and forth replay that call at the end looked like it could go either way to me. That call changed the outcome of the game. Gene Steratore said in the broadcast that when you watch things in super slow motion replay that it can distort your view.

Do you think they're sitting there compensating sometime down the road for a call missed early? No way it works that way
I have no idea what you mean.

My point was simple. If you get screwed out of a possession in the first half, there are 20 minutes for you to execute differently/choose differently/plan differently to make up for those two points. If you get screwed out of a possession in the last two minutes, the impact is far greater.

How is that disputable?

I get it, but in a game like this what if something happens with 2:01 left in the second half? I don't have any answers or suggestions at all, but even in super slow mo back and forth and back and forth and back and forth replay that call at the end looked like it could go either way to me. That call changed the outcome of the game. Gene Steratore said in the broadcast that when you watch things in super slow motion replay that it can distort your view.
You just have to draw a line somewhere.
I think what Steratore said was misleading. Or just wrong. Slow motion is more revealing that distorting.

4 and 5 stars don't want to play his system

Yeaa umm...Diakite was, Hunter was, Guy was mickey dees and Jerome was top 50, Huff was top 60 and barely plays Their two recruits next year? Top 60

You're a pushover in the tournament until you're not.

Your system can't win a championship until it does.

not being a troll or trying to start something, this is a 100% serious question. After possibly the greatest moment in UVA sports history, WTH are you doing posting on a Syracuse message board minutes after the horn sounds?

I have no idea what you mean.

My point was simple. If you get screwed out of a possession in the first half, there are 20 minutes for you to execute differently/choose differently/plan differently to make up for those two points. If you get screwed out of a possession in the last two minutes, the impact is far greater.

How is that disputable?
That sounds good on paper. So you're not quantifying a blown call early because there's time left? So that didn't have an impact on anything later based on? I just think it's a mistake to push all the chips in, on getting calls right because it's the last 2 minutes. How about just concentrating on consistency throughout the whole game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom