NCAA Play-in/First Round Games for May 11-15 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Play-in/First Round Games for May 11-15

Penn 11, Richmond 10 (OT)
I didn't think that Richmond made good decision near the end of regulation. With 24 seconds to go, they had their midfielder just hold the ball till about the 12 second point, when they started the offense, got a shot that missed the goal - and had only 2 seconds left on the back-up and got no 2nd shot.

I think you really should use all 24 seconds and maximize your chance of scoring.

I didn't think that Richmond made good decision near the end of regulation. With 24 seconds to go, they had their midfielder just hold the ball till about the 12 second point, when they started the offense, got a shot that missed the goal - and had only 2 seconds left on the back-up and got no 2nd shot.

I think you really should use all 24 seconds and maximize your chance of scoring.

Suppose you shoot too early, and the other team gets a save and a fast break?

Definitely playing for the buzzer-beater or OT. Can't give up a save, long pass, and goal on the other end.

I had no problem with it.

think the real problem was even before that when made save and then couldn’t clear it. Before that tho when wasted clock got shot n ball back they didn’t try to do anything till 14seconds yes still was over min left but ur up one can’t just try to waste time holding that lead. should of kept offense going so stay in rhythm and possibly score again being up two. The last 3 possessions for richman didn’t try to score just wasted time and think that was the bigger mistake before even the last play of regulation. Happens to a lot of teams when try to just waste clock to end usually never ends well for that team. Gotta always keep playing to score . Really wish richman won tho great game by them.

But i also think yea with 24 seconds left you go right away. Move ball round fast and look for opening. If goes other way and they score well then it happens. Playing to overtime i get but if don’t win faceoff possibly don’t even get chance to win in OT. Also could attack with full 24 seconds and make sure ur guy up top doesn’t drift down to far case fast break so can get back in hole.

Either way think richman played fantastic game and really showed up. Was hoping they get their first playoff win as don’t want ivys to win but seems like not gonna get that wish with ivys 2-0 so far.

The other team does have to get it down to the other end, which takes time. Reducing the time to 12 seconds helps the defense.

I would only do what Richmond did if I had a great face-off man. Richmond's guy won 8 of 24 in regulation.

Last edited:
Brown’s field turf looks like Carrier Dome AstroTurf circa 1987.

Hope nobody gets injured.

Virginia 17, Brown 10

Nice to see an underdog from a 1 bid conference do well.
I would love to see a huge upset tomorrow - Vermont over Maryland :cool:
Vermont is a really good mid-tier team.

I am looking forward to Maryland vs UVA next weekend. UVA will definitely be ready to go. UVA has simply had ridiculous talent the past few years. If anyone can get Maryland rattled, it's them.

I would love to see a huge upset tomorrow - Vermont over Maryland :cool:
Vermont is a really good mid-tier team.

I am looking forward to Maryland vs UVA next weekend. UVA will definitely be ready to go. UVA has simply had ridiculous talent the past few years. If anyone can get Maryland rattled, it's them.
Something about rooting for a huge Vermont upset doesn’t sit well as an Orange sports fan:) Still can see that 3 from half court in my nightmares

Something about rooting for a huge Vermont upset doesn’t sit well as an Orange sports fan:) Still can see that 3 from half court in my nightmares
Lmao…it may get worse.. if Maryland get to the finals and we root for all the underdogs I my have to root for Georgetown.. that hurts a little just saying it:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom