NCAA Play-in/First Round Games for May 11-15 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Play-in/First Round Games for May 11-15

I find it interesting that those link of the field throws are considered shots.. Bball doesnt call half court throws shots unless they go in.. its really a clear that gets rewarded and little down side.. how close does it have to go on goal to be a shot really?

Classic outcome with Ohio State and Harvard both getting their doors blown in. I don't care if Harvard and OSU both beat ND, it was crystal-clear neither was a tournament team.

I find it interesting that those link of the field throws are considered shots.. Bball doesnt call half court throws shots unless they go in.. its really a clear that gets rewarded and little down side.. how close does it have to go on goal to be a shot really?
It’s the intent

It’s the intent
well bball players intend it to go in as well but its not a shot.. i think its i high leverage play but the reward for missing is too high since they get credit for a clear thats much more reward than it should be.. by all means take the shot.. but from that distance it should be a missed pass that doesnt go in goal, not a clear.

well bball players intend it to go in as well but its not a shot.. i think its i high leverage play but the reward for missing is too high since they get credit for a clear thats much more reward than it should be.. by all means take the shot.. but from that distance it should be a missed pass that doesnt go in goal, not a clear.
It’s literally in the NCAA men’s lacrosse scoring manual

I think it an Assist at best.. looks like Piatelli one times it.. can see the change of direction after it hits his stick

It’s literally in the NCAA men’s lacrosse scoring manual
not saying its shouldnt be a goal.. im saying it shouldnt count as a shot/clear.. you cant clear the ball and not control it.. by saying its a failed shot and also a clear its rewarded too much

not saying its shouldnt be a goal.. im saying it shouldnt count as a shot/clear.. you cant clear the ball and not control it.. by saying its a failed shot and also a clear its rewarded too much
Pick off a pass and it counts as a groundball and a caused turnover. The book has some quirks. What can you do.

like hockey.. there are shots, then shots on goal. a shot on goal is not icing.. a shot thats wide can be..

basketball actually does call them shots. full field shots don't often go in, so if you want to clear at 85-90%, there's a downside of not maintaining that kind of clear rate. my guess is most teams don't retain it 9 times out of 10, but maybe some do.

the refs need to believe you were shooting. or not have reason to believe you weren't. that's it.

basketball actually does call them shots. full field shots don't often go in, so if you want to clear at 85-90%, there's a downside of not maintaining that kind of clear rate. my guess is most teams don't retain it 9 times out of 10, but maybe some do.

the refs need to believe you were shooting. or not have reason to believe you weren't. that's it.
no they dont count as shots for the player.. they get lumped in like team rebounds that just roll out of bounds.

no they dont count as shots for the player.. they get lumped in like team rebounds that just roll out of bounds.
do you have a citation for this take? a certain level of play?

yup.. pretty much what i was saying.. those heaves from mid court or as clocks run out and other things do not count as shots.

Strange how Trippi has blossomed at Gtown. A featured player and has all the freedom . Somewhat of a indictment on Breschi usage

Must be nauseating for ND players to watch these games . Gtown aint beating Maryland off what Im watching. UVA is not seeded but they are problably the only team capable of preventing the inevitable crowning of Maryland.

Delaware ball, 1:04, clock off.

We had this discussion yesterday ... when to shoot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom