NCAA Sweet Sixteen Games for Thurs March 28 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Sweet Sixteen Games for Thurs March 28

Andy Kazy post game interview of Illinois dude.

"so, you made it to the elite 8, how do you get to the next level"
"so, how do you beat uconn"
"So whats next for you guys"

What. man.

I just want a close game between UNC-Alabama with a great ending. Want one of the two fanbases to feel really bad after the game and that they blew it.
i really think that if Bacot doesn't blow that dunk, Carolina wins.

So with a 1 and two 2’s losing, things are falling in place for UConn.

Up 85-84 still plenty of time on shot clock and the guy 4-19 on the year pulled a 3. Just stunning.
And people think I'm dumb for not wanting kids from programs like Louisville. Bad habits are hard to kick for college kids.

As they always do.
It's incredible they NEVER get a hard road. How many times they wear white as a 3/4 or 7 seed in the F4. Now this cakewalk which they cry about.

Last edited:
It's incredible they NEVER get a hard road. How many times they wear white as a 3/4 or 7 seed in the F4. Now this cakewalk which they cry about.
I will say Illinois won’t be easy though.

ACC really needs Duke and NC STATE to pull through tonight, unfortunately I don't have faith in it happening.

Tennessee and Creighton is a toss up to me.

Big East will probably get three teams in Elite Eight.

Carolina with another choke job.

Gonzaga will keep things close but I feel Purdue has just enough to get past them.

Did Hubert Davis go take a potty break at the end of the game? What the heck were they doing on their last three possessions. A complete mind boggling three taken and then Davis just dribbling to nowhere on the last two possessions. They had no idea what they were doing. I think Davis and Caleb Love went 0-20 from three last night. Two dreadful performances from conference players of the year. Davis really struggles when bigger, athletic guys guard him. Alabama just refused to guard guys on Carolina. It shows you have to have five guys on the floor who can score.

The dude has a high b-ball IQ
And, he is a great athlete. Clearly an all around athlete, a well coached big man, w a competitive spirit and a great hoops IQ. Serviceable scoring abilities inside & outside. Strong enough to fend off anyone inside on D. Athletic enough to be Serviceable on perimeter D.

Smart enough to know when to go for it, or move the rock to someone else.

Some folks really don't know what is valuable at the 4-5 position...

Joe has had a bad game between missed FTs and 3’s
He had some good passes early, did some small things on closeouts & help D that led to TOs, but he coasted for much of the game. Stood in the corner while his teammates were being hounded. Mediocre effort to get open when bigs had nobody to pass to.

It was 4 on 4 out there, much of the game.
He needs to work harder, take some pressure off #1.

Did Hubert Davis go take a potty break at the end of the game? What the heck were they doing on their last three possessions. A complete mind boggling three taken and then Davis just dribbling to nowhere on the last two possessions. They had no idea what they were doing. I think Davis and Caleb Love went 0-20 from three last night. Two dreadful performances from conference players of the year. Davis really struggles when bigger, athletic guys guard him. Alabama just refused to guard guys on Carolina. It shows you have to have five guys on the floor who can score.
I think Carolina's youth cost them. If they had some older guys it would have been fine ...

He had some good passes early, did some small things on closeouts & help D that led to TOs, but he coasted for much of the game. Stood in the corner while his teammates were being hounded. Mediocre effort to get open when bigs had nobody to pass to.

He had a higher BPM for the game than PJ Hall. The amount of attention he gets helps those other guys.

He had a higher BPM for the game than PJ Hall. The amount of attention he gets helps those other guys.
Yep very apparent when you watch them. He really does open the floor and provide spacing. Their team really fits well together and he doesn’t need to do too much. An excellent choice by Joe in the portal

His "coasting" on offense was, I am confident, part of the game plan. That type of coasting is built into many college and pro game plans.

His "coasting" on offense was, I am confident, part of the game plan. That type of coasting is built into many college and pro game plans.
Oh, I am sure it was planned, as the coach wasn't yelling about it.

However, I am sure there are exit plans or points where it breaks down and you should stop coasting and be an outlet.

There were a couple times when his big was under duress and had nobody to pass to and Joe was off in a corner, nowhere near a passing lane.

Explain further. Does this explain why Bell stands in the corner and reads a book until the ball comes his way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom