NCAA takes a year away from Obokoh | Syracusefan.com

NCAA takes a year away from Obokoh

Way to go, NCAA. Good thing that they're adopting such a tough stance with legitimate student athletes and going after them hard over administrivia, while rogue programs are allowed to run wild while the NCAA looks the other way.

But hey--they got that golf team player to repay the cost of water used to wash her car that time, so at least they're focused on the hard hitting issues.

Just disband that irrelevant "enforcement" body already. This is a joke. Shades of how they screwed Tyrone Albright.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, last year some NCAA enforcement honcho gets hired at Kentucky.

NC double a- holes at it again. Honestly is there a worse run organization? (Besides Rutgers)

How old is he? Wasn't Gorgui Dieng 23 last year at Louisville, with one more year of eligibility? Consistency?:bat:

What about the American kids who have parents that intentionally delay starting school or hold them back?

Hopefully SU will petition this ruling and get things sorted out.

I know this thread is about the NCAA once again making themselves look like a bunch of clowns, but how about the last line in that article.

"He isn't an offensive player." "He is a rebounder and defender." I guess it's unfortunate he doesn't play football since you have to play both ends of the floor.

I know this thread is about the NCAA once again making themselves look like a bunch of clowns, but how about the last line in that article.

"He isn't an offensive player." "He is a rebounder and defender." I guess it's unfortunate he doesn't play football since you have to play both ends of the floor.

Sounds like all of our players! Zing

[just kidding, by the way]

How the ... is this allowed to happen?

This is honestly comical.

The NCAA is absolute garbage. I hope this is petitioned. Absolutely ridiculous.

How old is he? Wasn't Gorgui Dieng 23 last year at Louisville, with one more year of eligibility? Consistency?:bat:

What about the American kids who have parents that intentionally delay starting school or hold them back?

For that matter, how about all of the Pitt players who are 24 year old juniors?

There was once a time where I argued that the NCAA was made up of individuals who were pretty much like human beings, worth a little respect. I've never been more wrong.

Without knowing a single person working for NCAA rules enforcement (or whatever they're called), I can safely make the broad generalization that they're all bad people. They hide behind the fact that they don't want to set precedents on the small issues because they could snowball into serious problems when bigger issues come along. bulllllllll

turned 20 in December per the article.

ya, thought that was an unnecessary quote.