NCAA takes a year away from Obokoh | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA takes a year away from Obokoh

rrlbees said:
Moving the bar now? Read your original post.

Not moving any bar. I'm not concerned over losing him in 3 years rather than 4. I stand by my post.

two3zone said:
Not moving any bar. I'm not concerned over losing him in 3 years rather than 4. I stand by my post.

Now your not even on the same subject or player.

rrlbees said:
Now your not even on the same subject or player.

I'm on the same subject and same player. I'm not going to lose sleep over Chin being here for 3 years instead of 4. It frees a scholarship where we can possibly get a real game changer.

two3zone said:
I'm on the same subject and same player. I'm not going to lose sleep over Chin being here for 3 years instead of 4. It frees a scholarship where we can possibly get a real game changer.

Well the post of mine you responded to was about Keita. Since you seemed to have lost your way and even confused others, here is what you said about each in general and not speaking of any one skill.

Keita: "BMK was more of a liability than helpful this year"

Chino: "Not worried, opens a scholly a year earlier for a legit center"

In both cases it is bashing a player. One hasn't played a minute.

rrlbees said:
Well the post of mine you responded to was about Keita. Since you've seem to list your way and even confused others, here is what you said about each in genet not speaking of any one skill. Keita: "BMK was more of a liability than helpful this year" Chino: "Not worried, opens a scholly a year earlier for a legit center" In both cases it is bashing a player. One hasn't played a minute.

You're confusing me on how saying somebody is a liability is bashing.

You're confusing me on why me not being excited about being a top school in the country recruiting a guy with zero offensive skills who is going to play big minutes is bashing.

Are you trying to tell me that I don't want the Orange to win? Are you telling me I don't want the best for our team? Because if you say any of those things you're 100% false. I don't see what's wrong with anything I said.

I can easily say you don't give a crap about the team if you're happy about having a number 5 who doesn't have an offensive game and happy playing 4-5 on offense.

rrlbees said:
You're 2 for 2 in this thread. But I'm sure someone will come along and say nobody is ripping the players.

Bees...come on you know there are just some "fans" that have trouble saying anything positive or show positive support for "their team".

AirForceOrange said:
Bees...come on you know there are just some "fans" that have trouble saying anything positive or show positive support for "their team".

Tell me about it. There are some people that over time you can see they only have negative things to say about a player, a coach, the program in general, etc. We all get frustrated. We all vent at times. But some take it to the extreme on every subject.

rrlbees said:
Tell me about it. There are some people that over time you can see they only have negative things to say about a player, a coach, the program in general, etc. We all get frustrated. We all vent at times. But some take it to the extreme on every subject.

I actually am happy to have a "four year" player...look what UConn did with three/four year players...experience and maturity is way underrated.

By the way was really difficult not putting an F in front of that school..

AirForceOrange said:
By the way was really difficult not putting an F in front of that school..

Lol.

AirForceOrange said:

So my fanhood is in question because I'm not excited about a 5 who doesn't have offensive skills? Wow...

According to an article in the Rochester paper, the situation has been know since last August. It also said that there would be an appeal because they didn't think a "cookie cutter" ruling was right. It would seem to me that if JB knew about this last August and they thought there was any real problem, they would not have redshirted him, allowing him to get 4 years of playing. As it is now they didn't take a year away, just reduced his eligibility time from 5 years to 4, meaning his eligibility is over after his senior year.

two3zone said:
So my fanhood is in question because I'm not excited about a 5 who doesn't have offensive skills? Wow...

I guess if that is how you want to read that and if you think it was directed at you.

I know there are certain posters that are perceived to be mostly negative because it appears most of their posts appear negatively skewed...yet get offended when they are called out for being negative. Its not just one post by a poster but a majority of their posts. Just stating facts and reality...sorry.