NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans...

1583960926938.png

No man to man defense with hands within 18" of another players face.

Sports bars around the country banned customers from booing and screaming. Must cheer quietly.

I can't believe you would not get a refund. The NCAA cancelled the fan part of the tournament. It's not that you decided not to go.
I also have tickets for opening day at Yankee Stadium. Haven't heard a peep about that yet.

I also have tickets for opening day at Yankee Stadium. Haven't heard a peep about that yet.
I said this before I predict all March regular season games will be played in Florida or Arizona.

I wonder if they will consider smaller venues in municipalities where games are scheduled. Just thinking of the massive costs involved in holding events in large arenas. Going to be a terrible financial blow to the communities involved as well.

Bought my wife tickets to see Elton John in Brooklyn on April 10th and figured we'd catch the Yanks on Thursday afternoon. I imagine those events are going to be in doubt too.

This is going to be one of those things that I tell my great-grandkids about when I'm 90 "did you know that back in 2020 that played the tourney in front of no fans?" and they'll say "there goes Grandpa again making up ridiculous things."

There will forever be an asterisk next to this tournament. And it will be a big one.

Hmm, scheduled for a vacation in Morrocco mid April. Flying through France, hope there are no issues travelling. While the NCAA decision has nothing to do with that it did make me realize just how serious the crack downs can and will be.

I said this before I predict all March regular season games will be played in Florida or Arizona.
I agree 100%. Or maybe everything just gets cancelled.

shorten the season start it after may and see where stuff is then. play teams in your division less times or only them if they want.

Hmm, scheduled for a vacation in Morrocco mid April. Flying through France, hope there are no issues travelling. While the NCAA decision has nothing to do with that it did make me realize just how serious the crack downs can and will be.

My friend is flying to Israel - Miami to Rome to Tel Aviv - flight was cancelled a week ago - no planes landing in Rome - I doubt a plane is landing in Paris

They still have a couple of weeks for MLB but at this rate its not looking good!

My friend is flying to Israel - Miami to Rome to Tel Aviv - flight was cancelled a week ago - no planes landing in Rome - I doubt a plane is landing in Paris

Good thing for him. Israel is requiring every single person entering the country to be quarantined for 14 days.

The rest of the tournaments might as well go on since no one attends them anyhow.