NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to hold Basketball tournament without fans...

I have this weird feeling right now where I'm suddenly not excited for the game at all tonight.

It makes no sense playing games in most of these arenas. Why have Villanova fly 2500 miles to Staples Center to play in front of no one? Just to use a hypothetical. I don’t think a bracket leaked yet

I have this weird feeling right now where I'm suddenly not excited for the game at all tonight.

I give you credit for ever being excited. With our game tonight and the fanless NCAA tourney, I’m ready for summer.

It makes no sense to close anything at all, let alone to react like this, for a virus that has a potential to be only slightly worse than the flu. This is stupidity across the board ...from China to Italy to the U.S. Absolutely nuts

You would absolutely think it was The Walking Dead out here. Can't imagine what might happen if something truly serious really hit

The ACC is definitely going to remove fans from the tournament after the games tonight. What a wasted trip. I’m a sad kid

as bars and stuff will still be packed... Mind you since we aren’t in it by all means go ahead on do this. Nice year for Cuse to not be there !

Hmm, scheduled for a vacation in Morrocco mid April. Flying through France, hope there are no issues travelling. While the NCAA decision has nothing to do with that it did make me realize just how serious the crack downs can and will be.
We just cancelled our spring break trip to St. Lucia. Wife wanted no part of that in less than a month. I've read a lot on the topic and unless we take it seriously, we will have it spread like crazy and will be in the same or worse position as Italy in less than two weeks. Can always take another trip later in the year.

It makes no sense to close anything at all, let alone to react like this, for a virus that has a potential to be only slightly worse than the flu. This is stupidity across the board ...from China to Italy to the U.S. Absolutely nuts

You would absolutely think it was The Walking Dead out here. Can't imagine what might happen if something truly serious really hit

All things considered, exaggeration aside, this is probably one of the worst posts in board history.

We just cancelled our spring break trip to St. Lucia. Wife wanted no part of that in less than a month. I've read a lot on the topic and unless we take it seriously, we will have it spread like crazy and will be in the same or worse position as Italy in less than two weeks. Can always take another trip later in the year.
I was just chatting with a close friend who lives in St. Lucia. She says there is no coronavirus there ... and virtually no discussion of it.

All things considered, exaggeration aside, this is probably one of the worst posts in board history.
Found the person who is buying up all the toilet paper !

While it is a concerning situation... This isn’t a life threatening illness to most healthy individuals. Does that I mean I want it? Heck no. The correct steps were taken but it isn’t really going to solve much.

oh And my favourite thus far...

This isn’t a life threatening illness to most healthy individuals. Does that I mean I want it? Heck no. The correct steps were taken but it isn’t really going to solve much.

But it IS potentially life-threatening for older folks and people with compromised immune systems, and the more that large groups of people gather together for non-essential purposes such as sporting events, the more likely it is (maybe by orders of magnitude) for the disease to spread to these vulnerable populations. I don't want my parents to die.

Also, it is exceptionally easy for the healthcare infrastructure of local hospitals to be overwhelmed.