NCState all in on Beejay Anya | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCState all in on Beejay Anya

I don't feel Anya adds any value to this class unless both Rakeem and Dajuan leave for the NBA.

Should that be the case, you end up with only Keita and Obokoh at center, and Grant, Fair, Gbinije, and
Johnson at the forwards, and that, while as athletic as can be, lacks bulk. Anya would cure that. But
if it's at all possible to wish for, Rakeem and Dajuan stay, Anya chooses somewhere else, and SU lands
one of Vonleh/Roberson/Lawrence, preferably Lawrence.

Kev

I don't feel Anya adds any value to this class unless both Rakeem and Dajuan leave for the NBA.

Should that be the case, you end up with only Keita and Obokoh at center, and Grant, Fair, Gbinije, and
Johnson at the forwards, and that, while as athletic as can be, lacks bulk. Anya would cure that. But
if it's at all possible to wish for, Rakeem and Dajuan stay, Anya chooses somewhere else, and SU lands
one of Vonleh/Roberson/Lawrence, preferably Lawrence.

Kev
personally, I would prefer Vonleh over Lawrence. He is a better rebounder.

seems it is apparent that NCAA needs to modify its rules to include that you cannot offer above the # of scholarships you have to offer...not fair to players who get offer and commit and then told to pound sand...like Patterson for instance. Perhaps offers should have a time frame for acceptance like a college for academics...you are offered, now tell us whether you are coming or not in X period of time...and if student says yes, they cannot change mind...than this s..t doesnt go on.

seems it is apparent that NCAA needs to modify its rules to include that you cannot offer above the # of scholarships you have to offer...not fair to players who get offer and commit and then told to pound sand...like Patterson for instance. Perhaps offers should have a time frame for acceptance like a college for academics...you are offered, now tell us whether you are coming or not in X period of time...and if student says yes, they cannot change mind...than this s..t doesnt go on.

I think the cruelest part is that they told the public it was because he couldn't qualify academically. Basically putting out an image that he's dumb or doesn't care about school all because Crean took too many commitments or wanted someone more.

Let's get Black Jesus and Noah's Ark and call this class a wrap winning.gif

black jesus?

Its Rysheed Jordan's twitter handle, gotta love the Philly swag

BTW should we join Indiana fans on twitter and blow up Meeks and Anya's timeline to commit to IU and basically close the door on the possibility of Vonleh heading there. It's one thing to be 2 scholarships over the limit, as the IU guy on the UNC board said would be worked out as Oladipo may go pro even if he isn't a first rounder and then they have some guy who could be a 5th year senior that they'll basically tell not to come back, but 3 over that's tough.

It's all on Black Jesus to decide soon if he wants us or not. The staff won't wait forever with Patterson on the side.
will he be bullied into deciding? he should... Temple is headed for a pretty quality decline.

will he be bullied into deciding? he should... Temple is headed for a pretty quality decline.
No bullying necessary but he knows a decision must be made soon. I really hope we land him because we'll definitely need another skilled ball handler along with Ennis.

No bullying necessary but he knows a decision must be made soon. I really hope we land him because we'll definitely need another skilled ball handler along with Ennis.
likewise.

It's all on Black Jesus to decide soon if he wants us or not. The staff won't wait forever with Patterson on the side.
Jesus Shuttlesworth is his father, I think.

So basically this is what I've gathered from a poster on the UNC board. IU pretty much can only offer one more scholarship at most as they're already over.

Dominic Woodson is supposed to announce this week, leaders are thought to be Baylor and NC St.
Anya is down to Indiana and NC St, obviously if Woodson picks NC St then Anya will probably commit to IU so that he doesn't miss out on his top two. Indiana hired Johnson from team takeover and has a commit from his boy Stan Robinson so they're already in good shape to begin with.
Meeks still has Indiana, UNC, NC St, Georgetown and idk who else in the running. I think he may be visiting IU the same weekend as Vonleh.
Hopefully Anya or Meeks commit before Vonleh's ready to make a decision and eliminates IU and puts us in strong position to get a commitment.

So basically this is what I've gathered from a poster on the UNC board. IU pretty much can only offer one more scholarship at most as they're already over.

Dominic Woodson is supposed to announce this week, leaders are thought to be Baylor and NC St.
Anya is down to Indiana and NC St, obviously if Woodson picks NC St then Anya will probably commit to IU so that he doesn't miss out on his top two. Indiana hired Johnson from team takeover and has a commit from his boy Stan Robinson so they're already in good shape to begin with.
Meeks still has Indiana, UNC, NC St, Georgetown and idk who else in the running. I think he may be visiting IU the same weekend as Vonleh.
Hopefully Anya or Meeks commit before Vonleh's ready to make a decision and eliminates IU and puts us in strong position to get a commitment.
Wrong...Crean has habit of over offering and getting commits then he chooses who really he wants on team...eg Patterson. Believe we are still in running for Vonleh but dont count on scholies offered at IU to be reason 'Cuse gets him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom