ND game next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND game next year

I really think that for the under 40 crowd ND is just another program.
I think this holds some truth. And I have lots of friends from Ireland or who’s parents immigrated here and they connect more with soccer than ND whereas I think their parents and grandparents felt more of the ND Irish Catholic connection

I think ND fans travel when they are good, playing at a unique venue, and playing a big time opponent. I don't think we fill the third category to motivate their fan base, and as I said earlier I don't think having them on our schedule motivates our fan base to buy more season tickets.

Another factor in keeping Dino is the fact the schedule next year is a gauntlet. Let him eat the 3-4 win season and then bring another guy in after that.

THIS was the season to make hay. It was perfectly set up to win 7 games. Of course, best laid plans...
and 2019 was set up to win 9 games, and he blew that one too. he is consistent, gotta give him that

Announced crowd was 48,170. This was the scene on the first play of the game.

View attachment 210986
talk about foreshadowing. At halftime, when they were talking about what looked like the inevitable firing of P after this game the phrase "the grass isn't always greener" was tossed out there. Though I definitely agreed with him being fired a year later, you talk about the grass not being greener with Gerg, the grass was brown and burnt!

Another factor in keeping Dino is the fact the schedule next year is a gauntlet. Let him eat the 3-4 win season and then bring another guy in after that.

THIS was the season to make hay. It was perfectly set up to win 7 games. Of course, best laid plans...
I really wish we didn't ever play Notre Dame after they stole a game in 1961, have no use for them.

talk about foreshadowing. At halftime, when they were talking about what looked like the inevitable firing of P after this game the phrase "the grass isn't always greener" was tossed out there. Though I definitely agreed with him being fired a year later, you talk about the grass not being greener with Gerg, the grass was brown and burnt!
And you were dead wrong.

Announced crowd was 48,170. This was the scene on the first play of the game.

View attachment 210986
I’d forgotten how the band used to play the Superman theme after big plays on offense.

Haven’t heard it in a long time (if they still do it). Loved that you could hear all of what they played on the national broadcast.

Brad Nesler calling a football game in the Dome was awesome.

And you were dead wrong.
The ND win did help P for sure though. I thought it took pressure off going into 04. No doubt he was dealing w an unruly fan base sick of
Going 500. Imagine that

The ND win did help P for sure though. I thought it took pressure off going into 04. No doubt he was dealing w an unruly fan base sick of
Going 500. Imagine that
DB already has more sub .500 seasons than P did in 14 years.

Going 500. Imagine that
In 2001 he won 10 games including a bowl game.

In his final year, he won six games, shared a Big East title, beat Pitt, BC, and Rutgers and went bowling.

We are now begging for the kind of "failure" that led to his dismissal.

The decision to fire Pasqualoni was poorly thought out and poorly executed.

And, it reflected a fundamental misunderstanding of what the Program actually needed to better compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom