ND post game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

ND post game

Many times during games Bell can be seen squinting and furrowing his brow. I interpreted that as being upset about something. But in his interview after the game he demonstrated the same mannerisms while responding to questions. Apparently its just a quirk of his.

The level of complaining here has become nauseating.. idk if anyone is grounded here!!! Seems like only a few might be

Anyway its my opinion and it’s probably an unpopular one, because I get it’s a fan message board and this is a place to vent frustrations and all that i get it…but I don’t understand why we seem to do this to ourselves every game and not learn something about staying balanced or patient or understanding that all of our guys are young, including the coaches and give them the time to let them figure it out and then see where the chips fall at the end.

Some have seem to become mental about this team lol.. the level of offendedness game to game is amazing.

But the fact is, there are teams in similar situations as us that are in a FAR worse place than us, AND all things considered we are still doing a lot with a little and adding to the win column more than to the loss column…

So, NET or not this is still a sport about wins and losses and all circumstances considered 18-10 at this point in the season, is a favorable record to have and an improvement over past seasons, like others have said.

Everyone knows we have descended in the last decade since the first season in the ACC and now in the first season with Red at the helm, we are making steps to bring us back in the right direction…..so with that being said Football season can’t come soon enough it seems..

..still will be rooting our guys every game for the rest of the season

Go Orange

3rd win since you said we wouldn't win another game. A little credit??? I was going to offer you a bet and set the over under at 3. Of course I had us losing to UNC, N.C. St. and winning at G -tech and ND. And Va Tech. Which remains to be seen if I can be wrong on 4 games instead of 3

When did I say we wouldn't win another game?

And that’s why Bell is THE biggest risk to get a huge NIL payday after the end of the season. SU’s collectives need to open the checkbooks. Won’t win ten games without him next season.
Well, IDK about that. He’s not freakin’ GMAC!!

The level of complaining here has become nauseating.. idk if anyone is grounded here!!! Seems like only a few might be

Anyway its my opinion and it’s probably an unpopular one, because I get it’s a fan message board and this is a place to vent frustrations and all that i get it…but I don’t understand why we seem to do this to ourselves every game and not learn something about staying balanced or patient or understanding that all of our guys are young, including the coaches and give them the time to let them figure it out and then see where the chips fall at the end.

Some have seem to become mental about this team lol.. the level of offendedness game to game is amazing.

But the fact is, there are teams in similar situations as us that are in a FAR worse place than us, AND all things considered we are still doing a lot with a little and adding to the win column more than to the loss column…

So, NET or not this is still a sport about wins and losses and all circumstances considered 18-10 at this point in the season, is a favorable record to have and an improvement over past seasons, like others have said.

Everyone knows we have descended in the last decade since the first season in the ACC and now in the first season with Red at the helm, we are making steps to bring us back in the right direction…..so with that being said Football season can’t come soon enough it seems..

..still will be rooting our guys every game for the rest of the season

Go Orange
There is a lot of vitriol pointed at the team by some to support their theory that a national search for a coach should have been made and that hiring from the bench was wrong, and Red won’t succeed, and to support their position they point out each instant where the team didn’t play perfectly and where Red didn’t put coach K, Bobby Knight, John Wooden, and JB to shame with his game plan and in game adjustments.

There is a lot of vitriol pointed at the team by some to support their theory that a national search for a coach should have been made and that hiring from the bench was wrong, and Red won’t succeed, and to support their position they point out each instant where the team didn’t play perfectly and where Red didn’t put coach K, Bobby Knight, John Wooden, and JB to shame with his game plan and in game adjustments.
Agreed.

There also a portion of the fan base that refuses to believe that JBs coaching was an issue the last couple of years so it can’t be possible Red is doing a better job (man vs zone included)

After the Clemson loss?

I looked at my post history after that loss and don't see it.
It is somewhere around there. I'm not making it up and I am not being critical. Just funny that I thought about pm ing you and setting that bet at 3. And I would be right but wrong on the games I thought we would win and lose.

Agreed.

There also a portion of the fan base that refuses to believe that JBs coaching was an issue the last couple of years so it can’t be possible Red is doing a better job (man vs zone included)
Good points.

Ha! Good point. Did we win another game?

2022-23 Season Close...

L - @ Clemson
L - @ Pitt
L - G-Tech
W - Wake Forest
L - Wake Forest (ACC tourney)

We won 1 game -Wake Forest - the final reg season game.

We then lost our 1st game in the ACC tourney to them 4 days later.

It is somewhere around there. I'm not making it up and I am not being critical. Just funny that I thought about pm ing you and setting that bet at 3. And I would be right but wrong on the games I thought we would win and lose.

Sorry, I think you have me confused with another poster.

I still would have liked the bet. $100 to the collective for the loser. I think you should pay anyway. LOL

I should pay up on a bet you didn't make with me over a post that doesn't exist??

Lay off the edibles, lol.

Orange United already has my envelope for the year.

I should pay up on a bet you didn't make with me over a post that doesn't exist??

Lay off the edibles, lol.

Orange United already has my envelope for the year.
I was joking

I have never seen officials tolerate so much from a coach and not call a technical foul. He was being restrained by his players at half court and still pointing and screaming.
That was the easiest technical call in the history of technical calls in the last minute of a close game.

Ridiculous level of restraint for the officials considering how awful the behavior was.

That was the easiest technical call in the history of technical calls in the last minute of a close game.

Ridiculous level of restraint for the officials considering how awful the behavior was.
Couldn't agree more. I was thinking the league needs to talk with him

Once we lost Williams, Westry, McLeod, Carey and Hima, leaving us with a bench of Copeland and Cuffe, Red's ability to pull levers via changes of personnel is very limited.

What do you want him to do, pull Mintz and Starling for a worse player?

Carey coming back gives Red a little more he can do, but taking out Brown for Carey in most circumstances is only to give Brown a short rest.

On the other hand, outside of personnel, I am a little worried about Red's in game management.

The offense in the second half wasn't nearly as effective, but we still scored 40 against a pretty good defensive team...

On defense, we couldn't get any stops, including leaving Notre Dame's leading three point shooters open again and again. The zone got torched, man to man got torched, and Red didn't seem to do much to try to change the momentum.

Maybe a proactive press would have helped, changing up the responsibilities, putting Taylor and Copeland in together or summertime else could have helped.

The status quo was certainly not.

You can say that but Buzz Williams has been getting away similar behavior for years... It's like the zebras have special handler gloves for him, "we won't call a T on him because he's a total spaz the entire game."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom