Class of 2018 - ND QB Phil Jurkovec Enters Transfer Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ND QB Phil Jurkovec Enters Transfer Portal

Maybe. I don't know. Nassib was a kid coming from a wing-T and played in a very risk-averse offense. Dungey ran for 11 TDs and close to 650 yards in 17 games his first two years in addition to putting up good passer ratings and along with 26 TDs and 12 INTs as a true frosh and soph.

Tommy had a couple good games a frosh and then put up 19/5 with good passer ratings but .5 yards fewer/attempt and has done next to nothing on the ground (105 yards total and 3 TDs).

And if you value intangibles at all, comparing Dungey to DeVito would seem like a no contest but I know a lot of people don't buy into that.

I mean -- whatever. If you want to say they're on similar tracks, I guess. Not sure I'm on board with that, but either way I'm only saying I'm not totally sure what we have in tommy. Talent is there. Maybe it was coaching and/or offensive line play? Don't know, just don't know that I feel he's proven enough for me to feel particularly confident going into next season.

I hear you. He’s got lots and lots of room to grow. I think the issues are 50% OL, 25% TD, and 25% playcalling. And they all compound.

He’s really accurate. Here’s to hoping Gilbert can unlock him a bit

Maybe. I don't know. Nassib was a kid coming from a wing-T and played in a very risk-averse offense. Dungey ran for 11 TDs and close to 650 yards in 17 games his first two years in addition to putting up good passer ratings and along with 26 TDs and 12 INTs as a true frosh and soph.

Tommy had a couple good games a frosh and then put up 19/5 with good passer ratings but .5 yards fewer/attempt and has done next to nothing on the ground (105 yards total and 3 TDs).

And if you value intangibles at all, comparing Dungey to DeVito would seem like a no contest but I know a lot of people don't buy into that.

I mean -- whatever. If you want to say they're on similar tracks, I guess. Not sure I'm on board with that, but either way I'm only saying I'm not totally sure what we have in tommy. Talent is there. Maybe it was coaching and/or offensive line play? Don't know, just don't know that I feel he's proven enough for me to feel particularly confident going into next season.
I personally feel exactly the same as you on this. This year will definitely tell a lot. The schedule is in his favor.

I thought you said a month ago stars didn’t matter?
My post was for all the people complaining that Rutgers, BC and Pitt have 4 star quarterbacks and are acting like we don’t. I don’t think stars matter still

I hear you. He’s got lots and lots of room to grow. I think the issues are 50% OL, 25% TD, and 25% playcalling. And they all compound.

He’s really accurate. Here’s to hoping Gilbert can unlock him a bit

I think this is a pretty fair and accurate assessment.

There’s only room to grow IMO and I don’t believe in the idea that every player gets better every year, the upward trajectory path. But I do think TD will get better.

Who runs these practices? Grad assistants and quality control guys?

That’s less than ideal.

Meanwhile, Chris Bleich...

giphy.gif

BC is working the waivers pretty well. I’m sure it’s not coincidence. Hafley’s Ohio State connections?

I’m not expecting good news on Bleich. Actually, I’m not expecting any news, which is bad news. Someone has to offset the successful politicking of the other schools so the NCAA can make it look like it’s not a sure thing.

At least I have something to celebrate when they announce there won’t be a season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom