Class of 2018 - ND QB Phil Jurkovec Enters Transfer Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ND QB Phil Jurkovec Enters Transfer Portal

Taj, Cisco, Trill, Iffy, Mikel Jones, etc.

The OL is the one position where I'd prefer we're not throwing true freshmen/first year players in there, Bergeron was an extraordinary case.
Believe they were all backups, except for possibly Taj

Are you trying to say the kid that hasn't played a snap in college is going to come to SU and immediately give us a better chance to win?

Babers has shown over his time at SU that he'll put in whoever he needs to to win football games. We started multiple true freshmen over upperclassmen. I don't understand this perspective?

It’s in service to the theory that the reason QBs won’t commit here is because of the way Dino talks about TD, and def not because he’s pretty good

Are you trying to say the kid that hasn't played a snap in college is going to come to SU and immediately give us a better chance to win?

Babers has shown over his time at SU that he'll put in whoever he needs to to win football games. We started multiple true freshmen over upperclassmen. I don't understand this perspective?
Are you saying that there is NO chance that he can. I say the inconsistent of TD play and he has only played one year that anything can happen.

Are you saying that there is NO chance that he can. I say the inconsistent of TD play and he has only played one year that anything can happen.

he finished between 4-6 in all relevant ACC passing stats. If you and I agree he did so while being inconsistent and sacked the most, you see the problem right?

he finished between 4-6 in all relevant ACC passing stats. If you and I agree he did so while being inconsistent and sacked the most, you see the problem right?
We couldn't run the ball at all so we had to pass so much. I sure his stats would be up there. But the othe we agree on.

BC. Another local rival snagging a high ceiling guy from the portal.

Well with a real QB coach in Gilbert hopefully we can start cooking with QBs

But he's sitting out this upcoming year, isn't he? How is he the 'QB going forward'?

So BC, Pitt and RU all got 4-star transfer QB's this season so far while we're still waiting for that secret signee. Sweet.
Star Struck... I have no problem here, in that we’re at a disadvantage because of having a clear starter for 2 years. The QB we get is going to be a sleeper , not a name guy off the portal. That’s situational and not much we can do here.

Yeah if we had either an open job or a guy going into his Sr year it would be a different situation. I prefer our QB situation over theirs but I'm also still terrified of ours.

Star Struck... I have no problem here, in that we’re at a disadvantage because of having a clear starter for 2 years. The QB we get is going to be a sleeper , not a name guy off the portal. That’s situational and not much we can do here.
Eh, I'm tired of using the "we have a starter for X more years" thing.

Other programs are able to pull a quality QB prospect of their preference every year, regardless of who starts. That's not to say they keep them all over time, but they get them in. We haven't done a very good job pulling them in, outside of DeVito.

This is an area of recruiting in need of massive improvement.

Eh, I'm tired of using the "we have a starter for X more years" thing.

Other programs are able to pull a quality QB prospect of their preference every year, regardless of who starts. That's not to say they keep them all over time, but they get them in. We haven't done a very good job pulling them in, outside of DeVito.

This is an area of recruiting in need of massive improvement.

For high school recruits I'm in complete agreement with you, for the transfers and specifically grad transfers it is completely relevant.

No confidence at this time in any of our backups. An injury to DeVito and we can write off the season. That’s the concern.

No confidence at this time in any of our backups. An injury to DeVito and we can write off the season. That’s the concern.
Agree here and does anyone know anything about QB Summers strengths & weaknesses?

I'm not worried about any of the "four star" transfers, none of them were good enough to start at the schools they were at.

That outlook on the transfer market will get you in trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom