ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled

All FYI. I have been battling Covid since Dec 11. On Nov 30 i had emergency oral surgery and started feeling sick about Dec 8-9. Tested positive Dec 11 and until 2 days ago have been as sick as i have ever been. Basically the worst flu symptoms of my life. At this point other than severe fatigue i feel as if im getting better. Docs have scheduled test for Jan 5 at which point i guess ill find out if i have any covid related issues.
This is nothing to fool with. It attacks in so many different ways. Im very lucky.
I hope you continue to recover and have no lasting issues.

All FYI. I have been battling Covid since Dec 11. On Nov 30 i had emergency oral surgery and started feeling sick about Dec 8-9. Tested positive Dec 11 and until 2 days ago have been as sick as i have ever been. Basically the worst flu symptoms of my life. At this point other than severe fatigue i feel as if im getting better. Docs have scheduled test for Jan 5 at which point i guess ill find out if i have any covid related issues.
This is nothing to fool with. It attacks in so many different ways. Im very lucky.

sorry to hear that. Hope you make a full recovery.

Sorry to hear this kc. Prayers to you for a full recovery.

Sorry to hear this kc. Prayers to you for a full recovery.
Thanks everyone. A couple of things i have learned. This is from a very good friend very brilliant Doc from The Mayo in Rochester.
Aspirin. Never advil or Motrin. Tylenol is ok if you are allergic to aspirin. If not 100% aspirin.
1000 IU D3 daily
Pedialyte
Limit dairy while you have symptoms.
Stay upright. The first 5 nights i basically stayed in a chair.
I have a doc appointment each day via their portal. Im currently at my home in Asheville which is fortunate as the Vail hospital is good for ortho stuff not so hot for other things.
The main hospital here is Mission and my experience has been A+. Im really impressed.
Im positive i picked this up as a result of my surgery but you never really know. Im fortunate in that i dont have any medical conditions that put me at risk and i have access to great health care and advise. Im grateful that this hit me vs my daughters or Dad. This will be my 1st Christmas without my family still we will be together in spirit. Last point this forum has always been a blessing. What a great eclectic community of opinions, debates, and great discussions with our love of Syracuse the glue.
Hope SU gets back to playing soon so i can drag one of my 20 SU fan personalities out:)
Wear your mask. Wash your hands.
Go Orange!

They did a terrible job figuring this out before the season. All the D1 programs in the state should have appealed to the governor for test out procedures once that became a possibility. The ACC also needs to get their act together and set up mini bubbles throughout the season with quarantines and testing.

I’m sorry, hope you continue to improve and feel better.

Brutal, hope you feel better and stay better. Years back I had my wisdom teeth removed, and then got the flu. It was crappy, and I imagine this has been worse for you.

Get well soon buddy!

Best of luck on a full recovery!

Get well, stay safe it’s scary stuff.

Thanks everyone. A couple of things i have learned. This is from a very good friend very brilliant Doc from The Mayo in Rochester.
Aspirin. Never advil or Motrin. Tylenol is ok if you are allergic to aspirin. If not 100% aspirin.
1000 IU D3 daily
Pedialyte
I have a doc appointment each day via their portal. Im currently at my home in Asheville which is fortunate as the Vail hospital is good for ortho stuff not so hot for other things.
The main hospital here is Mission and my experience has been A+. Im really impressed.
Im positive i picked this up as a result of my surgery but you never really know. Im fortunate in that i dont have any medical conditions that put me at risk and i have access to great health care and advise. Im grateful that this hit me vs my daughters or Dad. This will be my 1st Christmas without my family still we will be together in spirit. Last point this forum has always been a blessing. What a great eclectic community of opinions, debates, and great discussions with our love of Syracuse the glue.
Hope SU gets back to playing soon so i can drag one of my 20 SU fan personalities out:)
Go Orange!
Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery.

So either Bradley or Miami OH is the source of the issue. Either way the different protocols is a killer from school to school.

Or maybe it was UB all along..

If worse comes to worse, couldn’t we move the North Carolina game back to Sunday Jan 3? That’s a day past the 14 day window since we played Buffalo.

If worse comes to worse, couldn’t we move the North Carolina game back to Sunday Jan 3? That’s a day past the 14 day window since we played Buffalo.
Perhaps, but that would leave us with little/no practice time. Even a relatively feeble UNC squad would be well-prepared to dismantle us in that scenario. I don't think JB would go for it.

So the players were wearing the devices—in their pockets. Mystery solved. But SU administrators cheaped out and didn’t supply them to Buffalo! And now we’re possibly going to lose three games because they didn’t take the extra precaution.

Per Post Standard:
“For Syracuse’s men’s basketball players, the chips are slipped into pockets and attached to uniform shorts via Velcro. SU administrators talked earlier in the year about potentially supplying microchips to non-conference opponents; Buffalo was not wearing chips last Saturday.”
SU basketball programs must abide by strictest Covid-19 quarantines in ACC (NY sets the rules)

1000 IU D3 daily
Pedialyte
Go Orange!
hope you are feeling better. my wife experienced loss of sense and smell about 3 days after initial diagnosis. She's finally getting both back after about 6 weeks from initial diagnosis. really weird set of symptoms that came on after she started clearing the flu like symptoms.

hope you are feeling better. my wife experienced loss of sense and smell about 3 days after initial diagnosis. She's finally getting both back after about 6 weeks from initial diagnosis. really weird set of symptoms that came on after she started clearing the flu like symptoms.
Thank you. Today is an improvement. Temp down. Just exhausted. Gonna take sometime. Hope your wife makes a full recovery. Take the D3 everyday.

actually NYS does. The CDC guidance is 14 days. BUT they let you reduce that based on certain circumstances as noted above in my post.

This is largely accurate but not entirely - here is a longer answer if anyone cares:

Generally, CDC guidance is 14 day quarantine after last close contact exposure (provided no symptoms). On December 2, the CDC provided options to shorten quarantine for those who experience no symptoms (1) after 10 days w/o test or (2) after 7 days w/ negative test (must be collected and tested within 48 hours before the end of the 7-day period). The states fall into 3 general categories (1) some states have specifically adopted this guidance in full (others like CA and AL only adopted the 10 day part), (2) other states have generally adopted CDC guidance and/or dont have their own 14 day requirement in the first place (essentially allowing employers to move to 10/7 based on the revised guidance) and (3) other states that do have the 14 day requirement (via regulation, executive order, etc.) have either been silent or affirmatively elected to stay at 14. NY falls in this latter category so, while its technically correct to say they have generally adopted the CDC guidance, they have not -- unlike many other states -- adopted the 10/7 piece of the guidance. For that reason, employers who are electing to move to 10/7 where permitted are generally not doing so in NY and a handful of other states and are sticking with the straight 14.

Reactions: 007
1000 IU D3 daily
Pedialyte
Go Orange!
Full recovery soon . Fingers crossed for you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom