Need a "score card" | Syracusefan.com

Need a "score card"

SBU72

All Conference
There are so many new players on this years team, you need a score card just to know who is who! Trying to read some of the updates on kids and I have no idea who they are talking about. Expect it'll take at least a few games before I come close to recognizing just the players names.

Welcome to contemporary P-5 college basketball.

There are so many new players on this years team, you need a score card just to know who is who! Trying to read some of the updates on kids and I have no idea who they are talking about. Expect it'll take at least a few games before I come close to recognizing just the players names.
You know the thread, "I believe, I believe? "I have no idea who they're talking about! I attend every game– Lucky me! – And I have to go home and watch the repeats on television to drill our players' faces into my increasingly senile brain. It often takes me a half a dozen games to get everything sorted. I wonder how long it will take me this year?

I realize this confession leaves me wide-open, but I'm just glad you started this thread in the first place.

To the original poster - THANK YOU.

I'm in the same frame of mind. You read some threads and reference is made to a first name only or initials only and some of them I have no idea who they are talking about. As a result, I am probably shy about possibly posting in one of those threads. Once the season starts and we start watching games this will not be a problem. However, right now I sometimes feel to be in the dark.

There are a lot of new kids this year for sure.

OB - This is Oshae Brissett who will be one of the forwards on this years team. He was the best high school player in Canada and criminally underrated in my opinion. He is going to be our best freshman in my opinion.

Marek - This another forward from Europe who his a high flying kid who is really skinny.

MM- This is Mathew Moyer who is coming off his red shirt and should be a solid rebounder and most people know because of what a great kid and ambassador for the program he is.

Sidibe - This is our new kid at the 5. I think he is going to be a great player for us. He can block shots and when he doesn't he is in good position on defense. He also does all the dirty work and plays really hard. Needs to get stronger but will be amazing in my opinion. Then again iommi has been talking about him being great for so long that could influence me at this point.

Thorpe - 5th year grad transfer from S. Florida. He was asked to do a lot more for them than we will probably ask him. He can score though and has good size. I have some worries about him being more volume at S. Florida but I think he will be a good veteran presence and play solid defense at the top of the zone with his size.

HW - Howard Washington is a first year PG that will be a program kid. He can shoot and will be good but probably the 4th guard on this years team. That is unless HW (Howard Washington) regresses and he is thrust into the 3rd guard role which I think could be possible by the middle of conference play. This has more to do with my opinion of HW.

Hopefully that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom