Nerlens | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a terrible few days that would make for you guys if this is true.
Anyone ever heard of this dude that's tweeting this stuff/if he knows anything?

"Im hearing there's a very good chance that Nerlens Noel commits to Georgetown tomorrow. #Hoyas"

"Nerlens Noel wants to join Georgetown's proud tradition of defensive big men. Ewing, Mourning, Mutumbo, Hibbert...Noel? #Hoyas #Georgetown"

https://twitter.com/#!/bmorehoopster

what a terrible few days that would make for you guys if this is true.
When did your terrible few days start? Note: Rhetorical question. Does not require answer.

New York Times sports writer said that it is not likely that Noel will go to SU

wow smokefree.. thats a blast from the past i remember his ongoing antics..

I was reading the thread on the Gtown message board; it was kinda funny, they were like going crazy that he might pick SU. Saying stuff like it would torpedo his career, etc.

I think there are some reasonable points; fact of the matter is we haven't put a lot of star players in the NBA, especially considering we have gotten a lot of talent. But they keep harping on the Ewing, Deke, Zo thing; I mean, what does that have to do with anything? Hibbert and Monroe if you want to point to, fine, at least the coach and the system were the same. But I fail to see what Patrick Ewing going there 30 years ago (and staying 4 years, btw) has anything to do with how Noel would develop during his one and only year year in college. There was alsoa discussion of whether or not Noel's mom could stop him from signing an LOI to come here because he isn't 18 yet. LOL. And Hibbert was a 4 year project. Monroe was at least a highly touted player who was there for only a few years.

And I'm not trying to be a hater; if the kid wants to go to Georgetown or UK or anywhere else, it's his choice; I've got no beef with it and I'm not going to assume he really wanted to come here and couldn't turn down the money or something. That's stupid. I don't think he'd be any worse or better off (at least substantially) going to any of the schools on his final 3.

Who?
My roommate was the DO photographer for the games this weekend. He had dinner with an SU grad that's a Times sports writer or editor, I can't remember, but he said that from all the sources he's talked to it looks like Noel is not going to SU.

Reminds me of the child abuse claims that came out of Rutgers because they thought Watkins dad forced the poor kid to go to Syracuse against all good judgment and common decency, which would have him at RU.

My roommate was the DO photographer for the games this weekend. He had dinner with an SU grad that's a Times sports writer or editor, I can't remember, but he said that from all the sources he's talked to it looks like Noel is not going to SU.
People that claim to know are frankly full of *t... Noel might not even know yet. It's just a bunch of people claiming "sources". If you're correct (33% chance) you look like your sources are great and reliable. If you're wrong, everyone forgets you mentioned sources. Remember when every poster on this board had "sources close to DC" that said he was going to UK? Then the sources said he wanted to go to OSU because of Sullinger. Hint: 95% of "sources" are bull$h*t.

People that claim to know are frankly full of *t... Noel might not even know yet. It's just a bunch of people claiming "sources". If you're correct (33% chance) you look like your sources are great and reliable. If you're wrong, everyone forgets you mentioned sources. Remember when every poster on this board had "sources close to DC" that said he was going to UK? Then the sources said he wanted to go to OSU because of Sullinger. Hint: 95% of "sources" are bull$h*t.
I totally agree, but I figured I would pass on the info. I think Noel is going to have a difficult time deciding where he wants to go to school because there are straight forward pros and cons no matter where he goes.

Agree with this. Like you said, Noel probably hasn't even decided yet, so how anyone else could know is a little strange.

And I'm not just saying that because this source is saying he isn't coming here. I said the same kind of thing when Jake said he was optimistic or whatever he said it was exactly.

we need him worse than you guys. Lets us have him and be happy for us and our last few games as conference rivals will be evenly matched for a talent standpoint. Hopefully we can end things on Saturday Night at the Garden. That is the only way the rivalry should end.

we need him worse than you guys. Lets us have him and be happy for us and our last few games as conference rivals will be evenly matched for a talent standpoint. Hopefully we can end things on Saturday Night at the Garden. That is the only way the rivalry should end.

Impossible, according to hoyatalk "the real investigation" begins now and the child molesting drug using academic cheaters will never play a postseason game again, so you should feel confident in getting nerlens, kudos

The rivalry need not end. But JTIII certainly is sounding as if he feels no urgency in continuing it.

lol .. nn is making the decision.. not su, uk or gtown.. we will make sure and forward your response to the staff.. its still. rivalry if we beat gtown at msg with nerlens is it not?

Okay, since you asked so nicely, let me tell Noel to cancel his commitment to Cuse

The rivalry need not end. But JTIII certainly is sounding as if he feels no urgency in continuing it.

Honestly we have no reason to play you guys again especially in DC. That would only help your recruiting. In favor of playing a team that left the conference for dead we should play a national power who will help sell out the Phone Booth. Add UNC, Kentucky or Kansas. Our days of playing you in DC are over and rightfully so.

Honestly we have no reason to play you guys again especially in DC. That would only help your recruiting. In favor of playing a team that left the conference for dead we should play a national power who will help sell out the Phone Booth. Add UNC, Kentucky or Kansas. Our days of playing you in DC are over and rightfully so.

Cancelled out to a large extent by being in the ACC. KJo and J. Grant probably come to SU regardless and maybe more so since the move to the ACC. We still play close enough (Md, Virginia) for DC recruit parents to attend our games. The G'Town venue was becoming an every other year event anyway.

Or in other words... there has to be real competitiveness and rabid fanbase polarization to make a true rivalry.

So be it. I wouldn't want to cede our home court advantage to a visiting team's fanbase either. You guys aren't up to the task anymore to keep this rivalry going.

It really hasn't been a rivalry in a long time anyways.

Let me burst you and your fellow hoya fans bubble

It doesn't matter cause your not getting Nerlens the only reason why your in consideration is because his mom likes the school thats it. He says mom ill consider them for you

He not just that into you

I would argue the other way, that you absolutely need to play us to re-establish the DC metro area as your own. If you keep losing recruits to us, you may want to try to knock us down in front of your home crowd. But hey, if you want to ignore us and keep having us run roughshod all over your house, go right ahead. But don't b!tch and moan when we keep getting recruits you want.

You are more concerned about playing us than we are playing you. That must tell you something. You have more to gain than we do. You decided to leave now run along to Tobacco Road and do not look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom