Nerlens | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are more concerned about playing us than we are playing you. That must tell you something. You have more to gain than do. You decided to leave now run along to Tobacco Road and do not look back.

Uh no . . . and you seem to be concerned enough about us that you spend an awful lot of time here. Why don't you take your own advice and leave now . . . run along . . . don't look back . . . .

Honestly we have no reason to play you guys again especially in DC. That would only help your recruiting. In favor of playing a team that left the conference for dead we should play a national power who will help sell out the Phone Booth. Add UNC, Kentucky or Kansas. Our days of playing you in DC are over and rightfully so.
Damn, I was really looking forward to another home game on the schedule.

we need him worse than you guys. Lets us have him and be happy for us and our last few games as conference rivals will be evenly matched for a talent standpoint. Hopefully we can end things on Saturday Night at the Garden. That is the only way the rivalry should end.

Why would we be happy for you, when you guys assume that if we get him we obviously cheated?

Other than for the fans delight, cuse has no reason to play gtown...with games against virginia, umd, va tech were even more visible in that region than we were playing in dc every other year...keeping games with st johns and nova are wayyy more important, gtown is irrelevant to me

You are more concerned about playing us than we are playing you. That must tell you something. You have more to gain than we do. You decided to leave now run along to Tobacco Road and do not look back.
Did you hear the A10 is adding some basketball schools? You might want to jump off ths sinking big east ship if you can.

Honestly we have no reason to play you guys again especially in DC. That would only help your recruiting. In favor of playing a team that left the conference for dead we should play a national power who will help sell out the Phone Booth. Add UNC, Kentucky or Kansas. Our days of playing you in DC are over and rightfully so.

What a joke. We will be playing in the DC area every other year at MD (and outdrawing the empty Phone Booth). It is Gtown that needs us and our $$ to sell out that place -- NOT the other way around. Nice try :D

You are more concerned about playing us than we are playing you. That must tell you something. You have more to gain than we do. You decided to leave now run along to Tobacco Road and do not look back.

Who is? Fans on an Internet message board? If I were in charge, I would ease out of playing you guys and let you rot on the vine in the conference you are left in. Do you really think you are in a position of any leverage right now?

I would try to make Syracuse the only premier program that represents the full NE corridor from DC to Philly to NYC to Boston. I would want to make Maryland, BC, Nova, GTown and UConn all second tier basketball schools. GTown and UConn are in a really precarious position right now as it relates to basketball for their long term success. I think UConn may get bailed out and get an ACC invite at some point, but GTown's best bet is to end up in a new version of the A-10.

What I would do if I were in control would play other elite teams in DC and NYC. I would play UK in NYC or Kansas in DC, for example. I would make it readily apparent that GTown (and others) are basically second tier teams. We don't need GTown to play in DC.

We want to maintain a tradition.

You want to maintain a program.

Pretty sure we don't have more to lose. The only reason you aren't upset at the moment is because you won't be embarrassed as often, both on the court and in the stands.

Damn, I was really looking forward to another home game on the schedule.

Yeah, but do we really need another cupcake?

Let's see ... SU will be playing Maryland, Virginia and Virginia Tech. All of which have larger fan bases in the DC area than Georgetown does and all of which are covered extensively by the Washington Post and other local media (Because of their large, local fan bases).

We are adding UNC, Duke, and NCSU to our schedule. You guys are adding SMU, Houston and Boise State. Tell me which school needs high profile games more? Is it possible that GU attendance at MCI can get even worse than the half empty we have seen for most games over the past 10 years?

Georgetown is teetering on the edge of irrelevance as it enters into the new C-CUSA. The outline of an All Catholic Conference is strting to be visible with GU, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, St Johns and whatever else can be cobbled together (St Joe's?Dayton? Xavier?) All of these schools disappear off the National radar when basketball season ends.

Syracuse has absolutely nothing to gain by playing Georgetown ever in anything. Maybe Maryland will give you a game ... once you agree to play the home game you owe them

You're only hurting yourself, but more power to ya.

And thank you for admitting that the Big East is dead without Syracuse. We knew that, but it's nice to hear coming from a Hoya.

Let's see ... SU will be playing Maryland, Virginia and Virginia Tech. All of which have larger fan bases in the DC area than Georgetown does and all of which are covered extensively by the Washington Post and other local media (Because of their large, local fan bases).

We are adding UNC, Duke, and NCSU to our schedule. You guys are adding SMU, Houston and Boise State. Tell me which school needs high profile games more? Is it possible that GU attendance at MCI can get even worse than the half empty we have seen for most games over the past 10 years?

Georgetown is teetering on the edge of irrelevance as it enters into the new C-CUSA. The outline of an All Catholic Conference is strting to be visible with GU, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, St Johns and whatever else can be cobbled together (St Joe's?Dayton? Xavier?) All of these schools disappear off the National radar when basketball season ends.

Syracuse has absolutely nothing to gain by playing Georgetown ever in anything. Maybe Maryland will give you a game ... once you agree to play the home game you owe them

The MD AD actually said they would not be scheduling Gtown to play any of their teams any time soon. There is some bad blood there. Don't think that will happen for a while either. :)

I thought this was a Nerlens Noel thread ...

98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

You guys and Pitts (not sad to see those guys leave at all) leaving the Big East is good for us as a program as far as wins and loses go. Someone has to dominate now and with the Great Jimmy C retiring soon the logical choice is GTown. Wins equal recruiting which equals more wins which equals even better hauls.

You guys will lose the Northeast Corridor and someone will have to fill the void. Kids from the Northeast do not dream about playing in a half empty sterile environment for the conference tournament. Fact is expansion has been a disaster for the ACC so far.

You are in your golden era these last 4 years and there is nowhere to go but down. In the Big East you were the cornerstones of the conference but in the ACC you are a third tier program behind UNC, Duke and the rest of the Tobacco Road teams.

Get used to shady referring that you saw against Ohio Taint. Syracuse in the ACC makes no sense other than a obvious money grab. Between Jimmy Boogers retiring soon and your move you will miss these last 4 years and the Big East terribly.

Oh yeah Mr. Noel come on down to Big Man U. This is a match made in heaven. Come and be the next Greg Monroe young man.

You guys and Pitts (not sad to see those guys leave at all) leaving the Big East is good for us as a program as far as wins and loses go. Someone has to dominate now and with the Great Jimmy C retiring soon the logical choice is GTown. Wins equal recruiting which equals more wins which equals even better hauls.

You guys will lose the Northeast Corridor and someone will have to fill the void. Kids from the Northeast do not dream about playing in a half empty sterile environment for the conference tournament. Fact is expansion has been a disaster for the ACC so far.

You are in your golden era these last 4 years and there is nowhere to go but down. In the Big East you were the cornerstones of the conference but in the ACC you are a third tier program behind UNC, Duke and the rest of the Tobacco Road teams.

Get used to shady referring that you saw against Ohio Taint. Syracuse in the ACC makes no sense other than a obvious money grab. Between Jimmy Boogers retiring soon and your move you will miss these last 4 years and the Big East terribly.

Oh yeah Mr. Noel come on down to Big Man U. This is a match made in heaven. Come and be the next Greg Monroe young man.
he doesn't want to be the next anybody. He wants to be the first and last Nerlens Noel. And what the idiot on your hoytalk don't understand, is that he can be Nerlens Noel ANYWHERE. He can be a great one and done player at Kentucky or a great one and done player at IONA. Point is, he just wants to win i.e. g'town is out.

Greg monroe did sooooo much in college, zero ncaa wins, zero big east championships...guy barely outproduced onauku, if you havent noticed the gtown style of offense blows...whose th last guard gtown got in the league? Iverson? Lol, keep living in the 80s

Truth be told most SU fans consider Uconn to be our rival and have been for the last 20+ years. The last time Georgetown made the final game was 1985.

Hilarious. SU makes no sense in the ACC. But Georgetown vs Boise State, Houston, San Diego State and SMU does? They don't understand they are now in Conference USA. And UConn is sending their president around begging the ACC or whoever for a spot. UConn gets it. GU hasn't a clue.

The conference collapse of the Big East is going to kill GU. They just don't realize it yet. They are like a chicken with its throat cut. They are flapping around, but not for long,

I knew Georgetown fans were delusional but have they actually convinced themselves that conference realignment is good for them and bad for us? You can't make this stuff up.

81488164.gif

It's over, he heard brncuse was coming, didn't want to compete for PT

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?odzkph

You could atleast be accurate, He is 6-10 center and I am a 6-0 point guard

Dont see how my possible committment to syracuse would affect him

I make teamates better, Anyway thanks guys for playing along to this fantasy of mine

However, Nerlens lets get this done now
tee - Copy (2).jpg

Let me burst you and your fellow hoya fans bubble

It doesn't matter cause your not getting Nerlens the only reason why your in consideration is because his mom likes the school thats it. He says mom ill consider them for you

He not just that into you
The prophet Bjorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online