New Assistant: Dan Engelstad [Official] | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant: Dan Engelstad [Official]

So what value is there in hiring a “recruiter” in 2024 to be an asst. if it’s just who pays the most.

Not saying this guy isn’t a great x-o coach. I’ll assume Red knows what he’s doing

Lead generation - need to be managing a much more complicated pipeline now.

But the point is that relationships still matter. You need both.
Do you in basketball? Duke and Kentucky are getting in the door purely on name and money. I don’t think Mark Pope was getting this level of player at BYU

We don’t get Donnie without Straughn. NIL is the top factor but not the only factor.
Sure. I’m not suggesting we don’t have a “recruiter” asst. I’m suggesting maybe we don’t have 2 or 3 if ultimately it doesn’t matter. BS had the inside track for Mack and we were out due to $$

Different sport. More spots to fill. And by all accounts we are spending a lot in football
It's still kids looking for $$. But we hired a recruiter. He wasn't known as a X and O guy. And some of his recruiting must be in asking for NIL money. Which goes back to what I was posting about earlier in the week. We have to do better with NIL requesting. We have a passionate fan base that I am convinced will give if they are asked. Our small board raised money on a whim for Leffew.

Sure. I’m not suggesting we don’t have a “recruiter” asst. I’m suggesting maybe we don’t have 2 or 3 if ultimately it doesn’t matter. BS had the inside track for Mack and we were out due to $$
I agree but I didn’t get the sense that Red hired Engelstadt solely for recruiting. Hiring a current head coach speaks to game planning, Xs and Os, etc. I got the sense that the DMV connections were icing on the cake but none of us know the guy.

Do you think Leffew went to UGa due to their great recruiting? Is Mike White a known dynamo on the recruting trails?

Or did they have a lot of money to give away?
I have no idea what they offered but you would have to think that a tie would go to Ga.. Home town team. a back court mate signing there.

I have no idea what they offered but you would have to think that a tie would go to Ga.. Home town team. a back court mate signing there.

Sure. Plenty of reasons for him to go there. None point to a recruiter on the staff. Which is the point

Do you think Leffew went to UGa due to their great recruiting? Is Mike White a known dynamo on the recruting trails?

Or did they have a lot of money to give away?

I think he has one year to make some money and did so. It's a lot different than high school recruiting. Plus fwiw and maybe nothing it's the home town school.

There is immense talent in the DMV, one guy probably isn't enough. And now you have to keep tabs on the guys we don't get because they're free agents every year.

I think he has one year to make some money and did so. It's a lot different than high school recruiting. Plus fwiw and maybe nothing it's the home town school.

There is immense talent in the DMV, one guy probably isn't enough. And now you have to keep tabs on the guys we don't get because they're free agents every year.
Meh. Leffew probably preferred to be under the radar at a football school with less competition. He could have easily been beat out here by Cuffe or Westry. Maybe got a little more money but he wasn’t up to the challenge.

Strung us along to get his coach hired he knew what he was doing the entire time.

No reason to go crazy over Engelstad he might do a nice job for us on the bench and he can always move on next year and we bring in another assistant. This isn’t the JB days when former players have jobs for life. I’m sure he’s acted in good faith and did his best.

Leffew is a loser glad he’s not playing for us cowardly NEC scrub who won’t even score 10ppg in the sec we probably dodged a bullet.

Meh. Leffew probably preferred to be under the radar at a football school with less competition. He could have easily been beat out here by Cuffe or Westry. Maybe got a little more money but he wasn’t up to the challenge.

Strung us along to get his coach hired he knew what he was doing the entire time.

No reason to go crazy over Engelstad he might do a nice job for us on the bench and he can always move on next year and we bring in another assistant. This isn’t the JB days when former players have jobs for life. I’m sure he’s acted in good faith and did his best.

Leffew is a loser glad he’s not playing for us cowardly NEC scrub who won’t even score 10ppg in the sec we probably dodged a bullet.
1714263281145.gif

Lots of H0T Takes in one post, good work.

Correct. If you have been paying attention, portal is more important with the current format

What's the stat, 38% of kids entered the portal? So teams are still holding onto more than half their guys, globally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom