New Chant for Todays Game | Syracusefan.com

New Chant for Todays Game

Cuseman78

All Conference
Instead of the normal C-U-S-E prompted cheerleader chant, I think today we could maybe break out a "WE AREN'T...PENN STATE!"

I'm joking of course but I just want to re-iterate that I'm very, very comforted by the way this has been handled by our admins during this crisis. We have a bulldog head coach who has mounds of national credibility who has basically beaten back this story by himself while our chancellor is putting on a masterclass performance in PR. She has done a great job of keeping out in front of this story.

I'm very happy that throughout this whole process, and going back to the original investigations in the mid 2000's, that the University seems to have done the right thing and didn't sweep this under the rug. Bravo to this point.

Now, I just hope and pray that Bernie didn't commit these crimes.

Absolutely. Got to thinking the other day, what if JB had stepped aside after last year or whatever and we had Hop while all this came out. I love Hop but the story would have a much different trajectory than it does now, not because of anything he'd have said, he just lacks 30+ years of national credibility and I suspect he would've stuck to the politically correct company line.

JB's courage to speak his mind and candidly stick up for a friend have been huge in flipping this PR battle. We're very lucky to have the admins and JB.

Absolutely. Got to thinking the other day, what if JB had stepped aside after last year or whatever and we had Hop while all this came out. I love Hop but the story would have a much different trajectory than it does now, not because of anything he'd have said, he just lacks 30+ years of national credibility and I suspect he would've stuck to the politically correct company line.

JB's courage to speak his mind and candidly stick up for a friend have been huge in flipping this PR battle. We're very lucky to have the admins and JB.

Unquestionably the public perception would be very different. I think Boeheim's voice was needed here. The ferocity of his statement's alone have made a difference.

That said, I think he now needs to pull it back a little bit. The JoePa comparisons probably should not have been made (as hard as I laughed when I read them).

We have done a great job PR wise and most of the non-ESPN media is basically playing a wait-and-see game and being cautious not to compare us with the underhanded, illegal cover-up stuff that clearly went on at Penn State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom