Class of 2022 - New Commit: Carter Kempney (NY: Carthage) Mid | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Carter Kempney (NY: Carthage) Mid

We are so darn paranoid after the 2018/19 flipocalypse, but the reality is that it's a very different situation when we pick up these recruits as they go into their Jr year vs their "verbal" commit in freshman year of high school. A little older, a little wiser, and a little more likely that they have a plan in place. (Cue half of them flipping and making this take look stupid)
In addition, a few of those flips went Ivy and you can't blame them for that. Also, Ivy's didn't do early recruiting--they didn't talk to kids until junior year, so kids would verbal somewhere and wait to see if they could go Ivy, then flip. The Zawada flip was something different.

Name: Carter Kempney

School: Carthage

Class: Junior

Season stats: 63 goals 15 assists

What’s next? Preparing to play at the next level by continuing to put in extra time in the weight room and shooting at the turf.

Who inspires you? My siblings because they always encourage me to work harder and support me in all I do.

Most treasured possession: My lucky shirt. I wear it to all summer lacrosse events.

Food I refuse to eat: Mushrooms

Favorite teacher and class: Coach Coffman in PE

What will you most remember for this pandemic season? When I got to step on the turf for our first practice realizing that it was actually going to happen.

Named to UA Upstate New York Boys - Highlight Div

VERBAL COMMITMENT:
Syracuse University

LACROSSE ACCOLADES:
Summer of 2020: 5 Star recruit IL, 92/100 IL Evaluation, NAL Standout IL, The Main Stage Honorable Mention Ty Xanders, NXT All Star, Manney's Men Selection, NXT Philly Summer Showcase MVP, Apex 60 All Star

POTENTIAL COLLEGE MAJOR:
Business

FAVORITE SUBJECT:
Science

OTHER SPORTS PLAYED:
Football, Basketball

2021 Brogden Cup - U18 Ontario Boys vs. U18 USA Boys

First footage of Kempney we have seen in a while here. USA rotates a lot of different guys and he also plays a little wing/two way for them so along with the short game time it is a very small sample. Despite that it is clear that he is an extremely fast and intimidating middie dodger. He has good size as well. He is #9 for USA.

That quote from his mom at the end just about took me out LMAO!
laughingemoji-560.JPEG

Last edited:
Man was it hard to find Carters games were he had his best games. Found this one camera quality is good but the camera guy has it super zoomed in for some reason. Carter had 6-1 in this one #3 in red.

Man was it hard to find Carters games were he had his best games. Found this one camera quality is good but the camera guy has it super zoomed in for some reason. Carter had 6-1 in this one #3 in red.
Watched a little of this one last night too. Basically just skipped to Carthage's goals after watching most of the first quarter. Quality of opponent is weak, team even weaker as the opponent still wins by quite a bit, but in spite of that this is some very promising footage of Kempney. You can see why he is a 5 star recruit. The guy is a serious serious athlete with excellent footwork/speed off the dodge from up top. Strong too. The running back background is apparent. He can turn on the jets in an instant. Protects the stick well and dodges with his head up. Certainly has a hard shot, maybe not as deceptive with the shot location as others but fast and accurate. His best days should be ahead of him in that category.

Check out the goal at 1:19:50 in this. Shows off some very impressive burst in the middle of the field before ripping it stick side high. Guy chasing him is far from a 5 star, but still quite clear that Kempney has D1 wheels. Thank again Cuse4455!

NR3WBUALONFFDIYA2BRRK2T4GM.jpg

Name: Carter Kempney
School: Carthage
Class: Senior
Position: Midfield

What’s next? I will play in the Nike National Senior Game and the Under Armour All-America Senior Game this summer. I will continue training until I attend Syracuse University this fall to study business and play lacrosse.

Who Inspires you? Rowan Marsell.

If you could have an animal sidekick, what would it be and why? A tiger because Mike Tyson had one.

Other than playing sports, what are you good at? Talking and entertaining my friends.

If you could have dinner with any three athletes, dead or alive, who would they be? Mike Tyson, Tiger Woods and Dennis Rodman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom