Class of 2020 - New Commit: Jackson Birtwistle (PA) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Jackson Birtwistle (PA) Attack

Jackson Birtwistle, Radnor: The junior attackman blossomed into an All-American performer. He led Delaware County players with 77 goals and 117 points and was third with 40 assists, the do-everything engine that powered the Raiders to the semifinals of the District 1 and PIAA Class 3A tournaments. Birtwistle, a key figure in Radnor soccer’s run to the PIAA Class 4A final in the fall, came through at every turn. He started the season with 11 goals and eight assists in two games, wins at Central Bucks East and Ridley. He added five goals and four assists to trounce Lower Merion, had a hand in six goals to beat Spring-Ford and scored six times over C.B. West. Birtwistle had two goals and three assists in a postseason win over Springfield, five and one to beat Hempfield in states, then three and four in downing Mount Lebanon. In the season-ending loss to Conestoga, Birtwistle tallied four of Radnor’s six goals. He is committed to Marquette.

Seems like real nice pickup-not sure what type of comp he sees in hs but over 100 points in philly as a junior is impressive stuff. Nice job by the staff here

Birtwhistle's highlight video is pretty short, so I figured I'd check youtube for full games of Radnor HS. this is vs. Central Bucks East. I really don't know how good they are.
I like what I've seen so far. Birtwhistle is both assertive and he lets the game come to him. Kind of a paradox, but he seems to accomplish it. He's involved in some two-man game as the picker behind the goal and in front, probably to switch match ups. He actually frees up the dodger for goals multiple times. He's a physical dodger. He is drawing a pretty quick slide and he looks for the open man. He doesn't seem to have an array of moves at 5x5 to get a shot off, but that can be developed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at midfield considering the logjam at attack. In his highlight video he looks more like a Syracuse midfielder than an attackman. He reminds me of Trimboli a little bit. Maybe a little Pat Perritt on offense. All 3 dodge hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom