Class of 2025 - New Commit : Jake Meyer (GA: Wesleyan) Att/Mid (10/17/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 New Commit : Jake Meyer (GA: Wesleyan) Att/Mid (10/17/23)

A lot of potential on tape here. This would suggest that Gait & Co. will recruit non-hotbed areas for the right talent.

Kid is legit, don’t let the Georgia fool you. He routinely plays with Upstate and New England boys with Nation’s Best, Hilltop, etc. He’s versatile and can play above or below GLE, with or without the ball. NLF had him in Top 75 and he plays for a non-NLF club in Georgia

There is footage:
Edit: there is very intriguing footage

This is really impressive. I know everyone looks good on a highlight tape, but what really stands out is this kid can score from everywhere on the field. After the first two clips, I initially thought he was a lefty since he scores two nice goals on rollback dodges from that side of the field. But then he scores plenty of other goals from the other side, and from X. If you are Pat March and are looking for kids to fit the "position-less" model of lacrosse, Meyer looks like the perfect fit. And the size is great as well. Nice addition.

Welcome Jake!​

IMG_7779.gif

This is really impressive. I know everyone looks good on a highlight tape, but what really stands out is this kid can score from everywhere on the field. After the first two clips, I initially thought he was a lefty since he scores two nice goals on rollback dodges from that side of the field. But then he scores plenty of other goals from the other side, and from X. If you are Pat March and are looking for kids to fit the "position-less" model of lacrosse, Meyer looks like the perfect fit. And the size is great as well. Nice addition.
In stature, he reminds me a little of Curry but with a touch more all field capability. I particularly like his short stroke shot from some distance. It's hard and seems accurate but that's difficult to tell from a few videos. Less speed probably, but perhaps more athletic. The videos showed that he does not need that low side arm wind up to amp his shot. Might be a player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom