Class of 2023 - New Commit: Jake Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Mid/FO | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Commit: Jake Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Mid/FO

illestcuse

All Conference
Welcome to the family, Jake! Let’s goooo!
Unknown.jpeg

This is a great start to the class of ‘23
Can’t wait to see who else follows

Not for sure but don't be surprised if the floodgates open a bit. Have heard SU is in the mix for multiple upper level guys and Petro and Spallina are huge assets. I think it will show more next year but don't be surprised if you see some shades of it in this class. Can't overstate how having a guy like Spallina committed gets others to take notice.

This is a big pickup. I’m hoping he can be the “2nd” FO guy in our class alongside Wambach, Greenspan, or Sam Ricci from Victor/Sweetlax Upstate. There’s been rumors of TD Irelan joining the staff as the volunteer assistant which would certainly boost FO recruiting.

Jake is like a poor man’s (much-less offensively skilled at this stage) Zach Currier. I think he could spell the main FO guy for 4-5 draws per game while taking runs at SSDM but, IMO, his biggest impact may be as a gritty/GB vacuum wing ala Sam Bassett.

Last edited:
Great news. Not shocking but still extremely welcome. Kid sounds like a player any team would want. It also means that dad Joe is that much more committed to the Orange, which should help things on the recruiting front. Like Jeremy alluded to, Joey Spallina was not the typical recruit - to be able to tap into that Team 91 connection has so far been great (now Caccomo, Sageder, Cotes, technically not Leo but I think he plays for them now, and another Spallina). Team 91 has more big names on the top of this recruiting class, hopefully this helps lands some more of those kids.

Exciting news. Sounds like this kid is getting better at a rapid pace which is very exciting hopefully we land Wambach and this kid can contribute not only at the X but all over the field.