Class of 2023 - New Commit: Jake Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Mid/FO | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Commit: Jake Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Mid/FO

B06737A4-74BA-447D-8917-47D83783D2DB.jpeg

He doesn’t hurt it. They have a FO man committed from MA in ‘23. Johnny Mullen, he seems to be a highly regarded kid. Hopefully Fine, Mullen, Spallina can chip in and maybe we add a transfer?

Correct, he will be another option and likely a guy who can come in and help when the main FOGO needs a breather or is struggling. Spallina, Mullen and a transfer will likely be brought in this summer/fall to help compete with Fine for the starting job.

He doesn’t hurt it. They have a FO man committed from MA in ‘23. Johnny Mullen, he seems to be a highly regarded kid. Hopefully Fine, Mullen, Spallina can chip in and maybe we add a transfer?
Maybe Fine keeps it rolling and battles around 50% these next 3 games. Just steps up and takes the job. Gets even better next yr and becomes the guy. Hey u never know. Sometimes kids just take that step out of no where. Would be awesome if he does. Lol

It’s really hard to predict how high school fogos will do in college. It’s between goalies and fogos when it comes down to which position is harder to assess. It’s really encouraging to see how well Spallina has done this year at the face off spot, given how much they rely on him on offense I didn’t think he’d have the time to dedicate himself to facing off. Frankly outside of LaSalla or Tyenarr (sp) from UNC you don’t see many “FOSO” anymore.

Id personally still feel better if they brought in a proven starter transfer, even if it’s the kid from Binghamton that’s doing well. Either way with Spallina, Fine, and Mullin in the fold it’s hard to believe the unit won’t be better next year than this. Just hard to know will it be enough to counter Naso, Tyenarr, etc next year?

Jake Spallina ’23, faceoff midfield, Mount Sinai / Team 91 Long Island Bandits – Syracuse – NLF No. 26 ’23

It’s impressive to watch Spallina’s ability to adapt to any situation.

He’d win the faceoff and after Sinai cleared it, he’d grab a new stick to stay on and play midfield. When the ball went to the other end, Spallina was all too happy to stay on and play good defense. He’s gotten noticeably faster, a trait that was painfully evident to the Phantoms when he beat his man down the alley and ripped one low and away to push the Mustangs’ lead to 3-1.

“Lucas (LaForge) came up and set a pick. I obviously ran off of it and my guy got washed. (LaForge’s) guy came over to me and I just got the edge on him and stung it bottom left,” Spallina said.

Spallina’s compete level is off the charts, and it’s going to help him get on the field at Syracuse. He’s gotten so much better as a faceoff man, too. Spallina won seven of nine faceoffs, all of which came on defensive exits because Bayport used a pole at the stripe on every rep and the Phantoms made it their No. 1 mission to prevent him from going forward.

Jake Spallina ’23, faceoff midfield, Mount Sinai / Team 91 Long Island Bandits – Syracuse – NLF No. 26 ’23

It’s impressive to watch Spallina’s ability to adapt to any situation.

He’d win the faceoff and after Sinai cleared it, he’d grab a new stick to stay on and play midfield. When the ball went to the other end, Spallina was all too happy to stay on and play good defense. He’s gotten noticeably faster, a trait that was painfully evident to the Phantoms when he beat his man down the alley and ripped one low and away to push the Mustangs’ lead to 3-1.

“Lucas (LaForge) came up and set a pick. I obviously ran off of it and my guy got washed. (LaForge’s) guy came over to me and I just got the edge on him and stung it bottom left,” Spallina said.

Spallina’s compete level is off the charts, and it’s going to help him get on the field at Syracuse. He’s gotten so much better as a faceoff man, too. Spallina won seven of nine faceoffs, all of which came on defensive exits because Bayport used a pole at the stripe on every rep and the Phantoms made it their No. 1 mission to prevent him from going forward.

Exactly the piece SU needs to add for next year, swiss army knife skillset but can play SSDM and FOGO and probably on the wings if necessary.

Another great showing at the X for Jake didn’t get to see this one but watched Tuesdays game and his speed and athleticism jumped through the screen. We’ve got one here X

Another great showing at the X for Jake didn’t get to see this one but watched Tuesdays game and his speed and athleticism jumped through the screen. We’ve got one here X
Joey got the IQ and stick skills, Jake got the Speed and Quick hands lol. Brett will take a year or two to develop but could develop into a nice LSM... Maybe

Joey got the IQ and stick skills, Jake got the Speed and Quick hands lol. Brett will take a year or two to develop but could develop into a nice LSM... Maybe
The game I watched Tuesday Brett moved back and forth but spent majority of game playing low covering Ben Morris committed to Hopkins one of the islands top scorers and held him to No points I was very impressed very good footwork. Both twins are fantastic athletes

NORTHEAST

Jake Spallina, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)

His older brother Joe was Mr. Score Everything in a record-setting career at Mount Sinai (N.Y.) before heading off to Syracuse. Jake Spallina is Mr. Do Everything for the Mustangs this year as he showed in his team’s 3-0 week to remain undefeated on the season. In a 4-2 victory over rival Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.), a 12-1 win over Islip (N.Y.) followed by a 12-5 victory over Massapequa (N.Y.), the Syracuse commit won 42 of 47 faceoffs, had eight goals and five assists and played lockdown defense, rarely leaving the field.

“He simply refuses to give up and never stops working,” Mount Sinai coach Harold Drumm said. “He is exceptionally dynamic with a very large skillset that is extremely difficult to defend.”

NORTHEAST

Jake Spallina, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.)

His older brother Joe was Mr. Score Everything in a record-setting career at Mount Sinai (N.Y.) before heading off to Syracuse. Jake Spallina is Mr. Do Everything for the Mustangs this year as he showed in his team’s 3-0 week to remain undefeated on the season. In a 4-2 victory over rival Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.), a 12-1 win over Islip (N.Y.) followed by a 12-5 victory over Massapequa (N.Y.), the Syracuse commit won 42 of 47 faceoffs, had eight goals and five assists and played lockdown defense, rarely leaving the field.

“He simply refuses to give up and never stops working,” Mount Sinai coach Harold Drumm said. “He is exceptionally dynamic with a very large skillset that is extremely difficult to defend.”

Sounds like he could do Faceoff or wing play!!