Class of 2022 - New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack

what’s the National record for points in a high school career? He’s gotta be on the way to getting close.

what’s the National record for points in a high school career? He’s gotta be on the way to getting close.

That record ain’t going anywhere for a looong time.

That record ain’t going anywhere for a looong time.
A good description of how he got all those points, other than being crazy good:

"And you’re thinking ‘What is going on here?’ It literally was Zed and all his buddies. He never came off the field. He took every faceoff, he played man-up and man down.” — Former Virginia coach Dom Starsia on recruiting Zed Williams.

A good description of how he got all those points, other than being crazy good:

"And you’re thinking ‘What is going on here?’ It literally was Zed and all his buddies. He never came off the field. He took every faceoff, he played man-up and man down.” — Former Virginia coach Dom Starsia on recruiting Zed Williams.
Believe he played varsity in 8th grade as well so had one more year than pretty much everyone else, but still the fact that Spallina with all his accolades is over 300 points back is insane.

Hmmmm. Yeah.

Crazy stat that the had 3 assist from otter players so even if he was assisted on 3 of the 7 that means he got by a defender for the other 4. And I say this assuming the other team is trying to shut him down and face guard him.

4. Mount Sinai (N.Y.)

Rare to see NLF No. 1 ’22 Joey Spallina (Team 91 LI / Syracuse) held off the scoresheet for a half. Not so rare for him to put up five points in the second half, though, as the Mustangs ran past defending Long Island Class B champion Garden City, 8-5. LSM Dylan Sageder (Team 91 LI / Syracuse) and uncommitted junior goalie Brayden Wilcken (Team 91 LI)headlined the defense. Cole Marsala‘s (Team 91 LI / Quinnipiac) pocketed five goals and an assist as Mount Sinai toppled rival Bayport-Blue Point, 13-8.

Joey has 108 points so far this season. The next closest in Long Island is 59... Holy sh...it
Oddly, I spoke to a HS lacrosse coach at a NE boarding school who said to say “Joey has slow feet…and will be neutralized when he gets to college. I can’t believe they gave him #22.”

Note: I am a lacrosse fan but am incapable of assessing talent.

Oddly, I spoke to a HS lacrosse coach at a NE boarding school who said to say “Joey has slow feet…and will be neutralized when he gets to college. I can’t believe they gave him #22.”

Note: I am a lacrosse fan but am incapable of assessing talent.
Is Joey the fastest guy heck no, But he does show up in every big game. He had 4-1 against Garden City! GC was the 2021 State Champ for their Class. The thing that sets Joey apart is when you neuturalize his scoring, he beats you with his passing. And vice versa... He plays a lot like Hiltz, he's no Powell Brother or Gait. But he will surely be a great player for us with the pieces we have currently and are bringing in.

Constantly he’s drawing every teams number one and more likely doubles and really quivk slides.
But he’s not playing again bums. He’s getting everyone’s best shot and he’s doing things like this.
More and more impressive every time.

Is Laforge committed, just wondering ?

Constantly he’s drawing every teams number one and more likely doubles and really quivk slides.
But he’s not playing again bums. He’s getting everyone’s best shot and he’s doing things like this.
More and more impressive every time.

Is Laforge committed, just wondering ?

I believe Laforge is a ‘24 so can’t commit till this summer.

Is Joey the fastest guy heck no, But he does show up in every big game. He had 4-1 against Garden City! GC was the 2021 State Champ for their Class. The thing that sets Joey apart is when you neuturalize his scoring, he beats you with his passing. And vice versa... He plays a lot like Hiltz, he's no Powell Brother or Gait. But he will surely be a great player for us with the pieces we have currently and are bringing in.
There was no 2021 NYS tournament. So, no GC was not 2021 State Champion. Maybe you're thinking they were sectional champs.

There was no 2021 NYS tournament. So, no GC was not 2021 State Champion. Maybe you're thinking they were sectional champs.
I read it wrong you are correct. Still impressive with how many D1 players are on the Island.