Class of 2015 - New Commit: Nathan Solomon (GA) Attack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 New Commit: Nathan Solomon (GA) Attack

Hmmm, didn't realize that he played in town last month. Maybe I'll go see him play tomorrow, just up the road a bit. I'll be the guy in Orange.

First Georgian in All-America game history Nathan Solomon leads lacrosse's southern expansion (USAToday)

Nestled in between a main road in Roswell, Ga. and separated from a more suburban neighborhood by a chunk of trees lies the home to a symbol of growth.

Centennial High School’s football stadium flanks the school on its left, serving as the playing grounds for a sport growing in popularity in the Peach State. No, not football, despite the Knights constantly playing against Alabama commits, but a sport still fighting to emerge from the shadow cast by the gridiron – lacrosse.

Nathan Solomon, a recent graduate of Centennial, will be the first-ever player from Georgia to play in the Under Armour All-American game when he suits up for the South at 8 p.m. tonight in Towson, Md. He’s also the first player from the state to play for national powerhouse Syracuse, according to the school’s athletic site’s records...

img_6661.jpg

Under Armour All-America: South 25, North 17 (IL)

The South extended its Under Armour All-America Lacrosse Game win streak in the game's 10th anniversary behind a 25-17 victory.

Coach Liam Banks' squad used a 9-0 third quarter to overcome a 12-8 halftime deficit en route to an entertaining win in front of more than 3,000 fans at Towson University's Johnny Unitas Stadium. Midfielder Ryan Conrad (Virginia), IL's No. 1-ranked Junior in 2014, was the game MVP with three goals, three assists, 6-11 facing off and five groundballs.

Flanking Conrad were a handful of hat-tricks for the South team — attackmen Timmy Monahan (Maryland), Louis Dubick (Maryland), Timmy Kelly (North Carolina) and Nathan Solomon (Syracuse). Goalie Hunter Sells (Johns Hopkins) took over at halftime and made seven saves while letting in just five goals...

First Georgian in All-America game history Nathan Solomon leads lacrosse's southern expansion (USAToday)

Nestled in between a main road in Roswell, Ga. and separated from a more suburban neighborhood by a chunk of trees lies the home to a symbol of growth.

Centennial High School’s football stadium flanks the school on its left, serving as the playing grounds for a sport growing in popularity in the Peach State. No, not football, despite the Knights constantly playing against Alabama commits, but a sport still fighting to emerge from the shadow cast by the gridiron – lacrosse.

Nathan Solomon, a recent graduate of Centennial, will be the first-ever player from Georgia to play in the Under Armour All-American game when he suits up for the South at 8 p.m. tonight in Towson, Md. He’s also the first player from the state to play for national powerhouse Syracuse, according to the school’s athletic site’s records...

img_6661.jpg

This is genuinely a wonderful accomplishment. The face representing growth of the sport in Georgia. I think he ends his career at Syracuse with a special story.

Met this kids parents this weekend. Me and my two boys were all wearing our Cuse gear on Sunday and they stopped to talk to us. They are originally from Syracuse and big fans of football, basketball, and lacrosse. Sounds like it probably wasn't a tough decision, although they said the move to the ACC was a big help.

Tobias Funke said:
Met this kids parents this weekend. Me and my two boys were all wearing our Cuse gear on Sunday and they stopped to talk to us. They are originally from Syracuse and big fans of football, basketball, and lacrosse. Sounds like it probably wasn't a tough decision, although they said the move to the ACC was a big help.

His dad's name wasn't Chuck, was it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom