Class of 2017 - New Commit: Owen Seebold (TX), Attack | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Owen Seebold (TX), Attack

I am not going to single out non-traditional areas. I have seen some awful lacrosse in sweetlax highlights and they are based in upstate. In general, team defense is an after thought in club lacrosse. When coaches scout a player and game plan for them, let's see what you do.

Yes deifintily, but I can understand with only two practices a week, team defense is an afterthought. At the very least though I'd hope they teach adjacent slides and basics, the club team I assisted on last year we at least did that. Heck if they didn't I'd question why I'm paying for that club team.

Adrenaline All American - Adrenaline - www.adrln.com

roster_REVISE-01.jpg

Big Second Quarter Leads North over South in Under Armour All-America Game, 18-16

North GOALS: Connor DeSimone 3; Lucas Quinn 3; Tehoka Nanticoke 2; Chris Gray 2; Jackson Reid 2; James Avanzato 1; Ryan Lanchbury 1; Matt Licciardi 1; Ryan O'Connell 1; Alex Buckanavage 1; Colby Barker 1. North ASSISTS: James Avanzato 3; Connor DeSimone 2; Ryan Lanchbury 2; Tehoka Nanticoke 2; Matt Licciardi 1; Aidan Olmstead 1.

South GOALS: Connor Morin 4; Alex Trippi 2; Owen Seebold 2; Matt Moore 2; Cole Fairman 2; Harry Wellford 1; Nate Buller 1; Justin Shockey 1; Bryn Evans 1. North ASSISTS: Alex Trippi 3; Nate Buller 1; Michael Drake 1; Justin Shockey 1; Harry Wellford 1.

10 Who Impressed: Under Armour All-America Boys' Senior Game

Lucas Quinn, M, Syracuse
Heady player who knew exactly when to pull the trigger offensively. He scored three goals for the North, two on EMO opportunities. That’s good to see for Quinn, a former Niskayuna (N.Y.) star, who could possibly find time early on the man-up unit if there ends up being a backlog on Syracuse’s starting midfield.

Owen Seebold, A, Syracuse
The Highland Park (Texas) talent surprised with his physical style of play, attacking the cage consistently from the inside. Also showed good feet moving from behind to above GLE. Scored two goals for the South.

I like Seebold. I think his game is a little bit different than everyone else on the roster, but most similar to Rehfuss. He seems to be very driven. I think he'll get playing time as a freshman, maybe in a rotation of 5 players with Rehfuss, Solomon, Bomberry and Voigt. I'll believe Forkin is playing when I see it.

I like Seebold. I think his game is a little bit different than everyone else on the roster, but most similar to Rehfuss. He seems to be very driven. I think he'll get playing time as a freshman, maybe in a rotation of 5 players with Rehfuss, Solomon, Bomberry and Voigt. I'll believe Forkin is playing when I see it.
Really don't want to see Bomberry at attack next season. He disappeared and was mush more quiet at attack, I'd rather see him run with the young guns at mid and bring a veteran presence.

Really don't want to see Bomberry at attack next season. He disappeared and was mush more quiet at attack, I'd rather see him run with the young guns at mid and bring a veteran presence.

I expect him to be moved back to midfield as Solomon and Rehfuss will start at attack, with the third spot wide open now that Wisnaukas ran home. Could be a true frosh. I think Quinn can start from day 1 at middie with Trimbo and Bomberry

From everything I've read and seen from Seebold he is going to be a great leader for the Orange. Wouldn't surprise me to make some major contributions next year.
I see him as the future QB of the offense. Love the way he always keeps his head up when dodging...great vision. Just wish there was another year separating him & our current QB, Rehfuss, but doubt the staff redshirts him. I too think he's immediately our 4th Attack after Solomon, Rehfuss, Voigt.

I see him as the future QB of the offense. Love the way he always keeps his head up when dodging...great vision. Just wish there was another year separating him & our current QB, Rehfuss, but doubt the staff redshirts him. I too think he's immediately our 4th Attack after Solomon, Rehfuss, Voigt.
Based on what I saw in Lake Placid, he should be a starter from day one. I was stunned at how well he did against D1 and pro level players. I still have some of that old stereotype that players from non-traditional areas can't be that great right away, this kid washes that all away.

Based on what I saw in Lake Placid, he should be a starter from day one. I was stunned at how well he did against D1 and pro level players. I still have some of that old stereotype that players from non-traditional areas can't be that great right away, this kid washes that all away.
Very encouraging news. I still think Voigt gets 1st crack, mainly because of seniority & his rep as an extremely hard worker off the field, assuming Bomberry plays middie.

I hear you on the non-hotbed stereotype though I always think of Mullins. He came up before Lax was huge in TX like it is now & managed to earn a starting spot halfway through his true frosh year. That was eye-opening.

From everything I've read and seen from Seebold he is going to be a great leader for the Orange. Wouldn't surprise me to make some major contributions next year.

All through his highlights (since he committed) you can see a great combination of change of direction and change of angle to split the defense and get to the cage or dish. Looking forward to watching him play in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom