Class of 2023 - New Commit: Trey Deere (PQ / CT: Salisbury) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Commit: Trey Deere (PQ / CT: Salisbury) Attack

91+-9U1ITiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

He looks like the type of guy who can be of top value with the right weapons around him. Same goes for Finlay Thomson in the year above. And the good news is we have those weapons! Kempney dodging up top, Spallinas dodging and feeding from down low, Hiltz throwing 100 mph passes through small gaps, Thomson and Deere could make a serious living working with those guys, and I take it that is exactly what March/Gait have in mind.

Trey Deere, A, Salisbury (Conn.) / Sweetlax
The slick lefty is as smooth as it gets with the ball in his stick. Despite not wowing college coaches with his athleticism, he demonstrates a fantastic ability to make the right play no matter the situation he finds himself in and when asked to go at his defender he is able to orchestrate a high-percentage look. Though he has such a strong knack for finishing, he is certainly more than just a finisher; he moves well without it, attacks defenders off of the dodge and is polished in his offensive pick play.

Ok y'all, if anyone needs any further proof that we have a good one in Trey Deere then look no further. This is a high level junior indoor game and it quickly turns into the Trey Deere show. It's not just the hands, the feeding/finishing ability, and knowing when to move offball. He is able to control the pace of play in a way that shows maturity beyond his years. If he needs to thread the needle for a pass he will put some juice on it. If not he will put a perfect touch on a pass so the guy can catch it easily. Only 2 or 3 of the 11 goals from Orangeville in this game do not involve him in some way.

And to add even more good news, the top goal scorer of their opponent, Mimico, is Finlay Thomson. The announcer calls him "the greatest talent in his age group and I don't think there is much of an argument against that." Getting guys who are well versed in indoor is crucial for the modern game. Just look at how the Chaos took over the PLL this year with an offense of exclusively box players. These are guys who have learned to never telegraph on their shots (a recurring problem with our recent teams) as that means almost a guaranteed save from the goalie in indoor. With the small goal and tight quarters, it is like an entire minor baseball league that plays exclusively with weighted bats.

Deere is #71 in black and Thomson is #17 in white. I think you will be entertained by the high level of play.

Ok y'all, if anyone needs any further proof that we have a good one in Trey Deere then look no further. This is a high level junior indoor game and it quickly turns into the Trey Deere show. It's not just the hands, the feeding/finishing ability, and knowing when to move offball. He is able to control the pace of play in a way that shows maturity beyond his years. If he needs to thread the needle for a pass he will put some juice on it. If not he will put a perfect touch on a pass so the guy can catch it easily. Only 2 or 3 of the 11 goals from Orangeville in this game do not involve him in some way.

And to add even more good news, the top goal scorer of their opponent, Mimico, is Finlay Thomson. The announcer calls him "the greatest talent in his age group and I don't think there is much of an argument against that." Getting guys who are well versed in indoor is crucial for the modern game. Just look at how the Chaos took over the PLL this year with an offense of exclusively box players. These are guys who have learned to never telegraph on their shots (a recurring problem with our recent teams) as that means almost a guaranteed save from the goalie in indoor. With the small goal and tight quarters, it is like an entire minor baseball league that plays exclusively with weighted bats.

Deere is #71 in black and Thomson is #17 in white. I think you will be entertained by the high level of play.

This was a great watch, thanks for sharing! I came away impressed with both Deere and Thomson. When you hear about Canadian and Native players, your first thought goes to shooting ability, but I was really impressed with both players passing ability. Deere had great weight to his passes, they seemed to be shot out of a cannon, but also very catchable. Near the end of the game he has a beautiful skip pass on an extra man that leads to an easy goal, then follows that up with a nice outside shot and an easy put back off another teammate's shot. Deere also looked bigger in this video than he does on some of his field highlights for whatever reason. He was named MVP of the game.

Thomson (as was Deere) really was the centerpiece of the offense, starting with the ball like a point guard on almost every offensive possession. I think Mimico was missing a few players and it seemed like a few more of his passes should have been finished for goals. Overall very excited for both of these guys to suit up for the Orange.