Class of 2022 - New Commit: Vincent Trujillo (DC: St John's) D-Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Vincent Trujillo (DC: St John's) D-Mid

From Juniors Open in late June: “Arguably the best shortstick d-middie at the event, embracing his role and making a significant impact on his team's outcomes. Sometimes got too cute with the ball, overall pretty good in transition and tough as nails when jamming opposing defenders or when the ball's on the ground.“

Carc was a huge fan of his teammate, Paul Garza (St. John's/ Annapolis Hawks). Carc compared Garza to Sergio Salcido. Xanders/IL also has him highly ranked. Maybe Trujillo can recruit his buddy to come with him.

Inside Lacrosse Evaluation.

85/100
August 31, 2020

OVERALL
4.50/5.00
SPEED
4.50/5.00
AGILITY
4.50/5.00
STRENGTH
4.25/5.00
IQ
4.50/5.00
HUSTLE
4.75/5.00
STICK
3.75/5.00
ON BALL DEFENSE
4.50/5.00
OFF BALL DEFENSE
4.25/5.00
SHOOTING
3.75/5.00
1V1 OFFENSE
3.50/5.00
OFF BALL OFFENSE
3.75/5.00

Notes
The first thing that jumps out is his speed. The second thing that jumps out is his willingness to stick his nose into every greasy situation. In addition to showing a fearlessness on the field, he brings the juice for his Hawks 22 team.

He projects as a high-end d-middie at the next level. He has the straight-line speed and lateral quickness to match feet with most dodgers, but I wonder whether he can body up with the biggest DI dodgers.

Last but not least, Trujillo was excited about Syracuse because of the possibility of winning the national championship. I asked him if he thought the team could go all the way. His answer:

"Definitely. 100%. I'm looking forward to contributing right away and fighting for that national championship that is a dream of mine to win."

It's crazy the amount of top rated recruits we have missed out on in past years, yet we have always remained in the mix. Imagine when we start getting that top talent again, we will be successful in winning national championships. Recruits need to realize that at Syracuse, you will always be set up for success. We just need to get the players here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom