Syracuse Bubble/NET/ACC Rooting Guide 2/28 to 3/9 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Bubble/NET/ACC Rooting Guide 2/28 to 3/9

GREAT outcome... Georgia Tech 85-76 over FSU. A little annoying the margin tightened at the end, but that's a 13-point win ATS, probably 11-13 points against the NET efficiency. We'll take that!

Should move GT up ~5 spots in NET, which should get them juuuust inside the top 135 and eliminate one of our bad losses (for now at least).

Also helps us in the ACC standings if we win out.

Edit: kids this is why you hit refresh before you post.

GREAT outcome... Georgia Tech 85-76 over FSU. A little annoying the margin tightened at the end, but that's a 13-point win ATS, probably 11-13 points against the NET efficiency. We'll take that!

Should move GT up ~5 spots in NET, which should get them juuuust inside the top 135 and eliminate one of our bad losses (for now at least).

Also helps us in the ACC standings if we win out.

Edit: kids this is why you hit refresh before you post.

It will probably result in a jump of 3-5 spots in NET for GT (they will move up 4 spots in KP as of now, with this result), given that it was just a home game -- don't get the road win boost. But given they are so tight to the line that is still a good result.

They are currently #134 in KP as I post this - and the game has not been updated in KP. With the 11 point win over expectation , the extra 0.35 (11/30) in adjusted margin jump, will only move them up to 130 once its get updated.

My guess is the NET jump will be around 4 spots as it has similar principles -- but of course can never be sure with NET because you can't see gaps and explicit ranking score like KP.

It will probably result in a jump of 3-5 spots in NET for GT (they will move up 4 spots in KP as of now, with this result), given that it was just a home game -- don't get the road win boost. But given they are so tight to the line that is still a good result.

They are currently #134 in KP as I post this - and the game has not been updated in KP. With the 11 point win over expectation , the extra 0.35 (11/30) in adjusted margin jump, will only move them up to 130 once its get updated.

My guess is the NET jump will be around 4 spots as it has similar principles -- but of course can never be sure with NET because you can't see gaps and explicit ranking score like KP.

Just to confirm, since it was officially updated on KP, Georgia Tech moved up from KP #134 to KP #130 after the victory.

Kansas shooting 65% and losing… this year is insane
Personal fouls were 18 for Kansas and only 7 for Baylor. Feee throws were 8 for Kansas and 20 for Baylor. Holy homer job by the refs!

*disclaimer I did not watch the game, only going off box score*

Personal fouls were 18 for Kansas and only 7 for Baylor. Feee throws were 8 for Kansas and 20 for Baylor. Holy homer job by the refs!

*disclaimer I did not watch the game, only going off box score*
I watched the last five minutes. Self wasn't happy, but he usually isn't.

Kansas in danger of 500 in the B12 and going 21-10.. Didnt see a 10 loss yr coming as a top 7 team right now.
It's cause I bet on them

Everytime I have them in a parlay, they are the leg that breaks

Totally agree with this analysis. I'm hoping the teams just above GT in the NET are tightly clustered and this moves them over a clump and maybe brings them more in line with the KenPom, but it seems they'll most likely be right around that 135-137 range.

How ND does tonight matters too, as that's one of the teams just ahead of them.

LSU smoking Vandy at halftime on the road, 42-22. If that margin holds, it would close roughly a third of the gap between their 89th and the 75th spot margin wise, but this alone might only move them up a few spots. It'd be a start, though!

Also, adding in the road factor, maybe it gets them up into the low 80s if they maintain the 20-point margin.

LSU smoking Vandy at halftime on the road, 42-22. If that margin holds, it would close roughly a third of the gap between their 89th and the 75th spot margin wise, but this alone might only move them up a few spots. It'd be a start, though!

Also, adding in the road factor, maybe it gets them up into the low 80s if they maintain the 20-point margin.
Vandy is 8-20 with three conference wins. Teams shouldn't be rewarded for beating them.

UVA better be careful. Even at Cameron not scoring 20 points a half through the last 5 games of the season is gonna be a problem for the committtee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom