New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL] | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL]

How do you know we didn't? Heheheheh
Real talk tho…. We need to get this micron thing up asap. Get the high roller execs to buy boxes, and get involved. That will be a huge market for our AD to target. Think about it, when you run a mega billion dollar company and have “business meetings” you often end up having rich guys and gals renting out boxes at local sports games to entertain other business colleagues from out of town etc. Micron should positively impact our athletic department in some fashion if we play our cards right.

I don’t know what to do with my hands!!!

I am so excited. We are a different school we need to act differently and we are. This rebrand seems to go along the lines of hire young up and comer coaches who recruit hard. If we can become the first stopping place for elite young coaches where we can nurture them for 4/5 years and they can move on up the career ladder then so be it! I think (myself included) we as fans worry about being good and losing coaches but like that’s actually the goal…. Hurts to say but we need to be good enough that outsiders look at us and want our coaches, that means success. Then ideally we backfill with other “Elijah Robinson” type guys. And if we can become a stop thatt these coaches know they can go to and have good success and be a winning program and it will elevate their careers…. That’s not bad. And maybe along the way by doing that a certain coach says “nah this place is good enough I can stay here and be praised as a legend by winning 7-10 games a year while making $4m plus a year”

Long winded way of saying BRING IN ALL THE UP AND COMERS AND KEEP DOING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHEN ONE OF OUR COACHES LEAVE!

I don’t know what to do with my hands!!!

I am so excited. We are a different school we need to act differently and we are. This rebrand seems to go along the lines of hire young up and comer coaches who recruit hard. If we can become the first stopping place for elite young coaches where we can nurture them for 4/5 years and they can move on up the career ladder then so be it! I think (myself included) we as fans worry about being good and losing coaches but like that’s actually the goal…. Hurts to say but we need to be good enough that outsiders look at us and want our coaches, that means success. Then ideally we backfill with other “Elijah Robinson” type guys. And if we can become a stop thatt these coaches know they can go to and have good success and be a winning program and it will elevate their careers…. That’s not bad. And maybe along the way by doing that a certain coach says “nah this place is good enough I can stay here and be praised as a legend by winning 7-10 games a year while making $4m plus a year”

Long winded way of saying BRING IN ALL THE UP AND COMERS AND KEEP DOING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHEN ONE OF OUR COACHES LEAVE!
Dig your hands into your pockets and pull out the kind of money that folds :)

For years, we've been hearing that we need an ace recruiter for Miami and south Florida. Well, it looks like SU has decided that Camden and south Jersey is going to be our primary source for FB recruits. SU has made Camden their biggest priority, moreso than any other NCAA program ever has.
Well that is a complete waste of words spoken from an uninformed source with no personal knowledge concerning the history of Syracuse University football, Or make it was just a rhetorical statement, smile

I've been perusing that TexasAgs site. Most have very positive things to say about ERob and see his leaving as a big loss.

It's funny though - massive school; premier conference affiliation (payout); absolute commitment to football - and a lot of their views on coaching salaries, NIL, and the transfer portal are not different from what's often posted here.

Btw, not an accident he said Elijah was expensive.

Putting everyone on notice. Best guys are coming to Cuse and will be paid.
Which should finally put to rest the complaints that Syracuse and JW are on the cheap. We paid some serious cheese to bring ER in and I am glad to hear we got him. Hopefully between Fran and Elijah we can hit some oline and dline needs out of the gate.

If there was one player on this team that I could give the new staff a heads up to because I think they can be a foundational difference maker, it would be Rashard Perry.

He was a NY, diamond in the rough at a thin position for us. If the plan is to turn this defense from a 3-3-5 to a 4-2-5, Rashard Perry can be a good piece to start with.

If there was one player on this team that I could give the new staff a heads up to because I think they can be a foundational difference maker, it would be Rashard Perry.

He was a NY, diamond in the rough at a thin position for us. If the plan is to turn this defense from a 3-3-5 to a 4-2-5, Rashard Perry can be a good piece to start with.
Image what Robinson and Williams can do with him?

ER is going to be loving Perry.

Oh by the way I fully expect Roddy Jones on ACC radio when they get around to this talking it down bigly because nobody wants to play at SU.

I expect Luginbill to have an interesting take.
Do me dirty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom