New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL] | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL]

He deleted it. But glad I caught it lol.

I have no clue how to post a tweet here so I guess that worked in our favor lol.
I have no idea what’s going on. I’m slipping into mania

Yep. Coach Fran can clean house to his heart’s desire. I don’t know if this will be the circus Prime put on at Colorado but there will be a lot of new faces I’m sure.
There’s no need to blow up the roster. All it did there was get them to 4-8 and turmoil. Bring in impact players to elevate the roster, not a reset. This is a high character crew that stuck together. It’s a good starting place.

Syracuse recruiting….

IMG_1799.gif

There's a high 4 star WR/DB who verballed a week ago to Colorado. He's from Georgia. Nick Williams was his recruiter. Fran Brown tried recruiting him to Georgia.
Nick Williams might be the biggest get for recruiting. Not much difference in national reputation between Syracuse and Colorado at this point, and he succeeded there.

Nick Williams might be the biggest get for recruiting. Not much difference in national reputation between Syracuse and Colorado at this point, and he succeeded there.
When we were talking about HC’s after the Mullen collapse, this was the deciding factor for me beteeen a guy like Fran Brown and White/MAC coaches/Chesney - this was NEVER happening with them. Here you have an inexperienced guy relatively speaking who has juice and has the connections to build a staff that can immediately bring quality blue chip and close to blue chip P5 recruits and transfers with them from their former programs. It’s playing out just like I hoped.

Nah, JW hired these dudes, but then didn’t bother to give them any resources to actually do their jobs well.

all part of the negotiations by a bunch of amateurs.
Pre-NIL era, I’d be a lot more confident these coaching hires beating out the Notre Dames, FSU’s, Penn States and Michigans of the world for top recruits and top transfers.
In the NIL era, I don’t know if we can compete with programs like that, no matter how great of recruiters we have. I hope that I’m wrong. I do have confidence we’ll jump towards the top of the ACC, clearly above BC, Pitt, Wake, etc.

Pre-NIL era, I’d be a lot more confident these coaching hires beating out the Notre Dames, FSU’s, Penn States and Michigans of the world for top recruits and top transfers.
In the NIL era, I don’t know if we can compete with programs like that, no matter how great of recruiters we have. I hope that I’m wrong. I do have confidence we’ll jump towards the top of the ACC, clearly above BC, Pitt, Wake, etc.
We've all gotta kick in!

Not to come off harsh, but it's been stated many times that Syracuse sits very well in the NIL space. We may not have the multi-million dollar deals a very few have in cfb, but we aren't bottom tier either.
Isn’t the devil in the details here? And what are the expectations. Mid level ACC programs yeah I’m excited about the prospect to jump them finally but to really take advantage of this staffs recruiting prowess, can we compete from NIL perspective with the top programs on a consistent basis?

When we were talking about HC’s after the Mullen collapse, this was the deciding factor for me beteeen a guy like Fran Brown and White/MAC coaches/Chesney - this was NEVER happening with them. Here you have an inexperienced guy relatively speaking who has juice and has the connections to build a staff that can immediately bring quality blue chip and close to blue chip P5 recruits and transfers with them from their former programs. It’s playing out just like I hoped.

Before the fiasco I was excited about Chesney. After Mullin I realized we needed something much different. Fran Brown is exactly what we need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom