New Dome Locker Room | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

Nah, never said it needed more bricks. But your assertion that it's a nicer facility than the one in Ann Arbor was ludicrous. Not to mention that your statement about the IPF being the only one that replicates playing conditions, field type, and dimensions is just flat out making things up. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way.

1280px-University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_%28Al_Glick_Field_House%29.jpg

113_973_2010.jpg

...what exactly is the difference

So does Glick Field House. Feel free to point out the difference in dimensions, crown, etc. etc. etc., I even gave you a ground level view.

Indoor practice facilities rarely have a crown.

Exactly, that's the point. And they don't have rain, snow, cold, etc.

You're missing the point - people call it "adequate" because they don't see any bunting or stuff, where the game conditions are exactly the same as the Dome - which is what matters.

For anyone who has never locked at what is at Manley, play around with this Interactive Walk-Through. It's pretty impressive.

Syracuse
That is amazing. I was just in Melo last week for a meeting -- should have spent a little more time walking around. ;)

Exactly, that's the point. And they don't have rain, snow, cold, etc.

You're missing the point - people call it "adequate" because they don't see any bunting or stuff, where the game conditions are exactly the same as the Dome - which is what matters.

Or, you said "The IPF is the only indoor facility in D1 that 100% replicates the playing conditions, field type and dimensions of the game day field." which you just made up purely off conjecture. Go ahead and try to spin yourself out of a falsehood, I'll give you another chance. I'm out.

Or, you said "The IPF is the only indoor facility in D1 that 100% replicates the playing conditions, field type and dimensions of the game day field." which you just made up purely off conjecture. Go ahead and try to spin yourself out of a falsehood, I'll give you another chance. I'm out.

Good grief, Syracuse plays indoors. On a flat field. Same as our IFP. No one else does.

Good grief, Syracuse plays indoors. On a flat field. Same as our IFP. No one else does.
I think what he's saying is that the IPF doesn't use pressurized air.

For anyone who has never locked at what is at Manley, play around with this Interactive Walk-Through. It's pretty impressive.

Syracuse

These facilities are beautiful. I know we have ground to make up in a few areas, but the notion that SU hasn't invested, or that we're lagging far behind our peers across the board, is a bit silly.

Agreed, only difference is a punt cant reach the roof of the dome as it can the IFP. :)

I don't consider "knocking it out of the park" as a relative term. You know it when you see it.

Very rarely do I hear anyone use that term and then attach conditions to it such as, "with limited resources", "within their budget", "with their donor base".

I have also never heard anyone aside from you say that South Campus housing was great. Especially since it was built in the 1970's, so in 2001 it was around 30 years old.
Um... A relative phrase IS "you know it when you see it." What may be great to one person might not be to another one. It's subjective. So while you may not see the IPF as "knocking it out of the park," others do. I certainly wouldn't hire you as a lawyer. ;)

Um... A relative phrase IS "you know it when you see it." What may be great to one person might not be to another one. It's subjective. So while you may not see the IPF as "knocking it out of the park," others do. I certainly wouldn't hire you as a lawyer. ;)
It's not hard to know that when your facilities are equal to your peers, they didn't knock it out of the park. Unless of course your peers with equal facilities also knocked it out of the park too. If everyone knocks it out of the park, then really no-one knocked it out of the park.

Understand?

It's not hard to know that when your facilities are equal to your peers, they didn't knock it out of the park. Unless of course your peers with equal facilities also knocked it out of the park too. If everyone knocks it out of the park, then really no-one knocked it out of the park.

Understand?
Okay -- so what would you like to see in an IPF, a weight room, a locker room in the main practice facility, etc... You come off as incredibly condescending to everyone you talk to in this thread, and it's a bit disheartening. We are all SU fans after all, aren't we?

I'd like to know what exactly the university would need to do for you to be pleased with their efforts.

These facilities are beautiful. I know we have ground to make up in a few areas, but the notion that SU hasn't invested, or that we're lagging far behind our peers across the board, is a bit silly.

Yea, lots of ignorance on display in this thread. People want to ignore Manley as if the dome is our only football facility.

Also, I don't know how many people saw that road show in Rochester on tv but when Babers was asked about recruiting tools, he said after an SU education his strongest tool was the Dome itself.

A proper dome Reno would satisfy all sides...

I've toured all those locker rooms, and stadiums. The pics posted don't tell the whole story. Manley is decent.. It's not explosive. Some FCS schools have explosive locker rooms, or weight rooms... The dome is the Syracuse asset... (Manley is just FBS competitive, even if you're blown away) It's imperative they get the dome right... Baber's is an asset, but he can only do so much... No one else can do the dome... It has to be done right... Then we all easily forgive the game day locker rooms... like all the recruits will.. A well done dome is the key...

Last edited:
Okay -- so what would you like to see in an IPF, a weight room, a locker room in the main practice facility, etc... You come off as incredibly condescending to everyone you talk to in this thread, and it's a bit disheartening. We are all SU fans after all, aren't we?

I'd like to know what exactly the university would need to do for you to be pleased with their efforts.

You clearly haven't read all of this thread then but I am glad you jumped into the fray.

I am fine with the Dome locker room renovation if you had read my earlier posts as long as it is a short term band-aid to get us up to snuff until the Dome is renovated.

Just because you are or anyone else are SU fans doesn't mean we have to agree or that you get a pass when you say something ridiculous. And I don't expect either when I do the same on this board. It is for discussion after all.

Where I take issue if you have just read the last few pages is when someone says and uses the term "knock it out of the park." Not a single, not a double, not a triple, not even a home run. That statement to me anyways means that they went way over and above anyone's expectations in doing something, in this case facilities.

I agreed with the Melo Center and added the Dome when it was built, but disagreed with everything else using that description. Most posters on here would argue that SU tries to do everything on the cheap and agree with me.

Really? Can you explain?(seems wrong)

(Btw. BC is building their ipf, along with a completely glassed in weight room)
BC's facilities, which are still under construction, are shared with the school's general population.

Mkay... Plenty of flat full size ipfs. Cuse has to go outside to practice on a crown, just like the other guys.
That's kinda the point. Our practice facility is flat, like the Dome. If others are flat, it is typically unlike their game day field

Nah, never said it needed more bricks. But your assertion that it's a nicer facility than the one in Ann Arbor was ludicrous. Not to mention that your statement about the IPF being the only one that replicates playing conditions, field type, and dimensions is just flat out making things up. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way.

1280px-University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_%28Al_Glick_Field_House%29.jpg

113_973_2010.jpg
So this is a crowned grass field with the same dimensions down to the sideline and end zone space?

So does Glick Field House. Feel free to point out the difference in dimensions, crown, etc. etc. etc., I even gave you a ground level view.

Indoor practice facilities rarely have a crown.
Right, but most stadiums do. Apparently it effects the depth perception and causes QBs to under throw their receivers

Anyone think it'll make this list?
The 15 most jaw-dropping college football locker rooms | FOX Sports

Sincerely hope the new dome will be amazing... LED light show to drop jaws,etc... Make recruits/fans want to come... Just seems like the welcome remodel is underwhelming. Recruits don't know what it used to look like, but they've been in those other locker rooms...

Fingers crossed the new dome won't miss any opportunities to impress...
You just ruined my day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom