New Dome Locker Room | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

1. Your argument is ridiculous
2. Add Archbold Stadium to your list
So, what have you to present other than your opinion that my argument is ridiculous?

Pretty real proof in what I said and that is what you come back with...Archibold and "you're ridiculous"...

If you were/are a lawyer, I certainly wouldn't hire you.

There are about 100 threads in this forum about SU cheaping out whenever they get the chance, please show me otherwise.

I'll take a stab at this.
A huge led block s or cuse hanging from the ceiling.
A rug in the actual color shades the school uses. Better lockers that have USB plugs and iPads built into them.
Pictures of past su greats hanging on the walls
That's just off the top of my head. wouldn't have added to much more cost but would have gone a long way.
A kickass sound system playing Santana.

So, what have you to present other than your opinion that my argument is ridiculous?

Pretty real proof in what I said and that is what you come back with...Archibold and "you're ridiculous"...

If you were/are a lawyer, I certainly wouldn't hire you.

There are about 100 threads in this forum about SU cheaping out whenever they get the chance, please show me otherwise.
Correct me if I'm wrong but your argument is basically that SU has only "knocked it out of the park" twice in 147 years. Yet you failed to include Archbold Stadium which was considered to be one of the greatest athletic arenas in the country when it was built. I know that when I was in school (01-05) players used to rave about the South Campus apartments compared to the football players' housing at other schools. Some players referenced housing as a major reason they picked SU. How many other things are you leaving out? What is your opinion of "knocking it out of the park", how feasible is it with our donor base, and what is the batting average of other comparable schools?

The athletic department didn't spend nearly enough in the 90's and early 2000's but since the whole spray painted end zone debacle, I think they've done pretty well with the resources they've been given. We'll never have facilities like Alabama or Texas but now that we're starting to get some ACC money hopefully they start adding some bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but your argument is basically that SU has only "knocked it out of the park" twice in 147 years. Yet you failed to include Archbold Stadium which was considered to be one of the greatest athletic arenas in the country when it was built. I know that when I was in school (01-05) players used to rave about the South Campus apartments compared to the football players' housing at other schools. Some players referenced housing as a major reason they picked SU. How many other things are you leaving out? What is your opinion of "knocking it out of the park", how feasible is it with our donor base, and what is the batting average of other comparable schools?

The athletic department didn't spend nearly enough in the 90's and early 2000's but since the whole spray painted end zone debacle, I think they've done pretty well with the resources they've been given. We'll never have facilities like Alabama or Texas but now that we're starting to get some ACC money hopefully they start adding some bells and whistles.

I don't consider "knocking it out of the park" as a relative term. You know it when you see it.

Very rarely do I hear anyone use that term and then attach conditions to it such as, "with limited resources", "within their budget", "with their donor base".

I have also never heard anyone aside from you say that South Campus housing was great. Especially since it was built in the 1970's, so in 2001 it was around 30 years old.

I don't consider "knocking it out of the park" as a relative term. You know it when you see it.

Very rarely do I hear anyone use that term and then attach conditions to it such as, "with limited resources", "within their budget", "with their donor base".

I have also never heard anyone aside from you say that South Campus housing was great. Especially since it was built in the 1970's, so in 2001 it was around 30 years old.
It's great when most other teams had players living in single rooms in dorms with the regular students for their first year or two. Maybe we'll knock something out of the park when you cut that 500 million dollar check.

It's great when most other teams had players living in single rooms in dorms with the regular students for their first year or two. Maybe we'll knock something out of the park when you cut that 500 million dollar check.

I don't think anyone has as low an expectation of "knocking it out of the park" as you. Going from single rooms with "regular" students and then going to athlete only housing of the same "grade" is great but "knocking it out of the park", nope.

The "you should write the check if you aren't happy with it" is a common response on here when someone criticizes the average athletic facilities at SU. Nice work, you probably didn't have to go far to find that response in someone else's post.

I don't think anyone has as low an expectation of "knocking it out of the park" as you. Going from single rooms with "regular" students and then going to athlete only housing of the same "grade" is great but "knocking it out of the park", nope.

The "you should write the check if you aren't happy with it" is a common response on here when someone criticizes the average athletic facilities at SU. Nice work, you probably didn't have to go far to find that response in someone else's post.
You've obviously never been in the South Campus apartments. They may be hideous on the outside but they have separate bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, etc. A far cry from a double room in a high rise.

It's a common response because it's true. We don't have a T. Boone Pickens and our fundraising hasn't been great. Coach salaries and capital improvements at major schools come from donors. It's not like the school just cuts a check from tuition money or the endowment (other than Rutgers).

Syracuse University started playing baseball since 1870 (since dropped), Football since 1889, basketball since 1889, lacrosse team was founded in 1916...

And the first time Syracuse "knocked it out of the park" was 2009 when the Melo center opened, 8 years ago.

The IPF is nice, granted but didn't "knock it out of the park" by any stretch. It brought us up to respectable.

So going by the track record so far, let's see...I would say that in the 147 years of Syracuse athletics they have "knocked it out of the park" with the Melo Center and the Carrier Dome in 1980 (you forgot that one).

So 2 times in 147 years...you tell me, is that a good track record of "knocking it out of the park"?

What is you confidence level in the next plan for the Dome renovation knowing that?

The IPF is the only indoor facility in D1 that 100% replicates the playing conditions, field type and dimensions of the game day field.

But we had a guy here once that thought it needed more bricks.

The IPF is the only indoor facility in D1 that 100% replicates the playing conditions, field type and dimensions of the game day field.

Really? Can you explain?(seems wrong)

(Btw. BC is building their ipf, along with a completely glassed in weight room)

Flat turf field in the dome and ipf. And for that matter the wall dimensions of sidelines are the same. No one else plays their games on a flat turf field since they play on outdoor crowns

Flat turf field in the dome and ipf. And for that matter the wall dimensions of sidelines are the same. No one else plays their games on a flat turf field since they play on outdoor crowns
What about the ceiling? Guessing Carrier Dome's hefty bag in higher than the IPF?
Remember people saying couldn't even do kickoff practice because ceiling is too low...

Mkay... Plenty of flat full size ipfs. Cuse has to go outside to practice on a crown, just like the other guys.

Have you seen our weight room? Although constructed prior to the IPF (Donovan McNabb donation) it is every bit what our peers our offering. If we didn't have one, it would make sense to put it in the IPF, but, that wasn't the case.

Our facilities over by Manley are significant. And they've been consistently upgraded and/or added to over almost the past decade.

For anyone who has never locked at what is at Manley, play around with this Interactive Walk-Through. It's pretty impressive.

Syracuse
That's really slick, I hadn't seen that before... I've been in there, but, never took the virtual tour.

If you get to the end of the main hallway where the Heisman is, and take a left (which they dont show on the virtual tour) that's where all of the classrooms and coaches offices are.

Mkay... Plenty of flat full size ipfs. Cuse has to go outside to practice on a crown, just like the other guys.

We don't have to go outside. The teams with flat full size IPFs have to go outside on grass or crowned turf to play their games.

Point being it seems pretty silly to put it down considering.

We don't have to go outside. The teams with flat full size IPFs have to go outside on grass or crowned turf to play their games.

Point being it seems pretty silly to put it down considering.
Not putting it down. Other teams practice outside on crowns(like cuse does). They can go inside to practice for the dome(like cuse does). Great to have both.

I've seen Manley. Weight room is decent. BC (poor weight room) is building a full glass one. Those are always impressive, could help them with recruits... Assuming they don't suck, this year..

I'm of the mindset that facilities can help with recruits.. if the dome winds up, remotely close to Vancouver s? It's going to help. Along with winning, it could very well be a 4star beacon...(optimist)

Last edited:
You've obviously never been in the South Campus apartments. They may be hideous on the outside but they have separate bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, etc. A far cry from a double room in a high rise.

It's a common response because it's true. We don't have a T. Boone Pickens and our fundraising hasn't been great. Coach salaries and capital improvements at major schools come from donors. It's not like the school just cuts a check from tuition money or the endowment (other than Rutgers).

Correct. The only drawback is that it is isolated from the rest of the campus. Can be a hurdle when convincing company to stay the night.

There's a lot of back and forth regarding the state of our facilities, but unless SU can establish relationships with alumni who are wealthy and like athletics (key word) then they'll get as far as the athletic department dollars will allow them to. As a small school, getting alumni who give back is big period.

Correct. The only drawback is that it is isolated from the rest of the campus. Can be a hurdle when convincing company to stay the night.

There's a lot of back and forth regarding the state of our facilities, but unless SU can establish relationships with alumni who are wealthy and like athletics (key word) then they'll get as far as the athletic department dollars will allow them to. As a small school, getting alumni who give back is big period.
Weak closing game ;)

No coffee for you!!!

To everyone still replying to this thread......

cf7.gif

Football operational spending for cuse is decent...
Which schools spend the most on college football? Where does Syracuse rank?

Facilities are notably omitted. I'm of the mindset that facility spending will increase revenue, but I understand the hurdle... Maybe a Louisville adidas type deal, naming rights(if possible-hell, name it the nike carrier dome if they can't get out of the original deal..) I just hope they line up a few, and other assistances..

Nah, never said it needed more bricks. But your assertion that it's a nicer facility than the one in Ann Arbor was ludicrous. Not to mention that your statement about the IPF being the only one that replicates playing conditions, field type, and dimensions is just flat out making things up. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way.

1280px-University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_%28Al_Glick_Field_House%29.jpg

113_973_2010.jpg

Nah, never said it needed more bricks. But your assertion that it's a nicer facility than the one in Ann Arbor was ludicrous. Not to mention that your statement about the IPF being the only one that replicates playing conditions, field type, and dimensions is just flat out making things up. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way.

1280px-University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_%28Al_Glick_Field_House%29.jpg

113_973_2010.jpg

I said it replicates the playing conditions of the Carrier Dome.

I said it replicates the playing conditions of the Carrier Dome.

So does Glick Field House. Feel free to point out the difference in dimensions, crown, etc. etc. etc., I even gave you a ground level view.

Indoor practice facilities rarely have a crown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom