New Dome Locker Room | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

I'm late to the thread here, but the team spends a handful of hours pre/post game in this locker room. Its far more important, in my opinion, to have better locker rooms in the practice facilities. This is basically like updating your your half-bathroom at your house that already has 2 fulls. Sure, its you want it to look nice but why spend a mint for something that is barely used?

I'm late to the thread here, but the team spends a handful of hours pre/post game in this locker room. Its far more important, in my opinion, to have better locker rooms in the practice facilities. This is basically like updating your your half-bathroom at your house that already has 2 fulls. Sure, its you want it to look nice but why spend a mint for something that is barely used?
It's interesting that the basketball team uses it more than the football team and it has never been considered a liability for them because of the existence of the Melo Center. Why not the same for football?

It's interesting that the basketball team uses it more than the football team and it has never been considered a liability for them because of the existence of the Melo Center. Why not the same for football?

Because people like to complain. Plenty of first round picks used the old one.

Good coaches seem to matter more than where people hang a game jersey.

They do usually on the recruiting board.

My favorite is when people complain about the dome and then mention another school is renovating their practice facilities.

Was mentioned somewhere that the AD is running at an 8.5 million surplus. 8.5. Let that sink in.

Sorry, but in light of that number, what they have to show for facilities investment across the board is unacceptable. Add to that the lack of expense control at the University level as touched on earlier in this thread and running at a deficit for several years, it's shameful.

Not another dime from me. And I'll be cheering Dino and high fiving his staff out the door when they move on. This place is a joke. The losing and misery is deserved.

Was mentioned somewhere that the AD is running at an 8.5 million surplus. 8.5. Let that sink in.

Sorry, but in light of that number, what they have to show for facilities investment across the board is unacceptable. Add to that the lack of expense control at the University level as touched on earlier in this thread and running at a deficit for several years, it's shameful.

Not another dime from me. And I'll be cheering Dino and high giving his staff out the door when they move on. This place is a joke. The losing and misery is deserved.

Why renovate the locker rooms to Texas/Michigan State level now ... if something bigger is coming? What if they DO end up building off campus or skytop? It was a good fix for something but no need to spend hundreds of thousands just yet. Something that can easily be upgraded if they renovate the current dome. They gave Dino a new locker room after he went 4-8. I think they believe in him/the program.

Not another dime from me. And I'll be cheering Dino and high giving his staff out the door when they move on. This place is a joke. The losing and misery is deserved.

LOL okay, bro.

Because people like to complain. Plenty of first round picks used the old one.

Good coaches seem to matter more than where people hang a game jersey.
That is true to a point but when you're comparing facilities from one school to another these things are taken into consideration. Yes the coaches that are there should weigh much more then the facility but on this day in age when kids want instant gratification facilities account for a large part of the decision making process.

Not another dime from me. And I'll be cheering Dino and high fiving his staff out the door when they move on. This place is a joke. The losing and misery is deserved.

Hopefully they can pay the water bill this month.

That is true to a point but when you're comparing facilities from one school to another these things are taken into consideration. Yes the coaches that are there should weigh much more then the facility but on this day in age when kids want instant gratification facilities account for a large part of the decision making process.

We've had 3 ADs in a very short time. We build an indoor practice facility for football, lax. Upgraded a lot of stuff in the Manley complex to get it up to speed and have a great facility for men's and women's hoop. We upgraded a locker room that not one person here walked in but yet complained about like those househunting shows on cable TV.

Two of our last four football coaches were coordinators in over their heads. You want to find a problem look right there. And look at the guy who hired them.

Those other ACC stadiums aren't that sweet, most are pretty generic. It's all the other stuff where these guys train and eat. Heck VT didn't even have an indoor facility.

NC State's game day locker rooms, unveiled last year. They have a couple TVs. NEAT!!! They get the same ACC money, folks...

upload_2017-8-28_10-13-16.png
upload_2017-8-28_10-13-56.png

We've had 3 ADs in a very short time. We build an indoor practice facility for football, lax. Upgraded a lot of stuff in the Manley complex to get it up to speed and have a great facility for men's and women's hoop. We upgraded a locker room that not one person here walked in but yet complained about like those househunting shows on cable TV.

Two of our last four football coaches were coordinators in over their heads. You want to find a problem look right there. And look at the guy who hired them.

Those other ACC stadiums aren't that sweet, most are pretty generic. It's all the other stuff where these guys train and eat. Heck VT didn't even have an indoor facility.
Marrone was in over his head?

Shafer I agree, Marrone seems to be doing OK in the NFL but couldn't handle Syracuse, strange.

Honestly you could throw some paint up and murals hang a few tvs and put in some orange led lights for like 10gs and turn this from nice to really cool... they can't change the physical room I am assuming but it isn't far off from being very nice

I think the Dome lockers are a bandaid to get us to an acceptable level to walk recruits through until the renovations are done. If that is the case, fine.

If they are going to remain the same as they are now after the renovations, then I will have an issue.

Honestly you could throw some paint up and murals hang a few tvs and put in some orange led lights for like 10gs and turn this from nice to really cool... they can't change the physical room I am assuming but it isn't far off from being very nice
Hell if they let me know I can leave early Friday and have it ready for game time

Wasn't one of the issues the size of the locker room and that there's no room for expansion until the Dome refurbishment? You can't put in pool tables/lounge area/huge lockers if there isn't any room for it. If the space is that limited, I don't see how they could have done much more than they did.

The big problem is game day and everyday lounge at bc and these others are the same. Yes Manley has same level areas but game day is a little behind. I can tell you most Miami and bc and a few others don't have the restaurant our players have... hell bc had a table with snacks on it and the regular cafe was all they got. Miami and bc didn't provide housing for the athletes for all their years at school. So we have some good points others don't have also.

I may be wrong but the way their facilities are set up I think their game day and practice facilities are one in the same.
Yes that is correct their whole facility is contained in the stadium

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom