New Hopkins article | Syracusefan.com

New Hopkins article

The UW fanbase is kinda naive when it comes to hoops. There is a huge contingent of UW people who LOVE Romar and think he got the shaft. It's a football school and I don't think their basketball fanbase is too sophisticated from what I have seen on their various forums. Hop has a bit of an uphill battle to win over the fanbase, although if Lorenzo Romar is the bar for success, I think he should do fine.

Also, he just re-recruited Nowell and has added a pair of new recruits, so he's got 3 players signed since he took over (Nowell joins SG Michael Carter III and PG Nate Pryor)... stinks to lose Porter Jr. and Blake Harris though.

A day in the life of new Washington coach Mike Hopkins

Think this is the longest one I've seen.

I love this article. I think a lot of us can relate to Mike Hopkins. We all have goals and dreams and a lot of times to make those dreams come true we end up in places we would least expect to be in and make sacrifices that are challenging on us and our families. Our former and current staff are real people like the rest of us and it makes it that much more fun to root for them. Go Hop.

Doesn't make it the best coffee in coffee city, Seattle. Or anywhere else for my money.
Yeah but it's what he is used to. Eventually he will drink coffee in better places and maybe switch. Or maybe not. Some people like that overroasted coffee bean taste!

Yeah but it's what he is used to. Eventually he will drink coffee in better places and maybe switch. Or maybe not. Some people like that overroasted coffee bean taste!
Most people add so much crap to Starbucks coffee they have no idea how bad it is.

Nice article. Did a good job of capturing the subject.

"Let's go broke"...great malaprop!

Nice read. Hard not to like Hop. Wish I had 2.8 million to drop for a house.

How did Hopkins sign a recruit ranked higher than anyone we have signed so far? I would really love to see KaiserUEO and Townie72 comment on this.

Another good article here. Hop has a TON of energy, you can see his excitement in his tweets. I really think he has what it takes to build that program up, thinking about it I think he was set up for greater success there than had he stayed in Syracuse.

Garfield star Jaylen Nowell sticking with Washington despite Romar’s firing

He's built an impressive coaching staff with Dollar, Rice (both former head coaches) and keeping young local guy Conroy. Hop is really putting himself in a great spot to succeed, I'm very excited to see where Washington goes, I'll be following them for sure going forward.

Good article. I have many friends who like UW and follow it pretty closely and they are all excited about the hire and willing to give him a shot. I just saw one for the first time in a while on Monday and he said he was psyched and didn't know anything about him and thought he seemed like a great guy. I think the biggest thing for Hop is have his energy rub off on people. Conroy and Dollar both have local reputations for being lazy and not hard works. This was also Romars reputation. Hopefully they are driven by Hop and Dollar has some success and gets a head gig again in the next 2-3 years and Conroy becomes a harder worker. Rice I'm not as worried about. I have met Cameron Dollar like 10-12 times and know multiple people who work at Seattle U and people that know him personally. I personally don't like him both as a coach and human being. Having said that I hope he has success for Hops sake.

Another good article here. Hop has a TON of energy, you can see his excitement in his tweets. I really think he has what it takes to build that program up, thinking about it I think he was set up for greater success there than had he stayed in Syracuse.

Garfield star Jaylen Nowell sticking with Washington despite Romar’s firing

He's built an impressive coaching staff with Dollar, Rice (both former head coaches) and keeping young local guy Conroy. Hop is really putting himself in a great spot to succeed, I'm very excited to see where Washington goes, I'll be following them for sure going forward.
Nowell was huge for Hop to get to stay.

I will. I plan on going to the PAC 12 tourney in Vegas. I'll bring a softball mitt and we can shag fly balls from 3 of the 5 women you are dating at the time.

Better be single, last time a buddy came I had his wife blowing up my phone which made for a rough night. Buckle up.

Nice read. Hard not to like Hop. Wish I had 2.8 million to drop for a house.
He will be selling the SU one which is probably worth close to a million and I'm sure has saved $ in all his years as an assistant here. The COLA is pretty low in Syracuse.

And his salary is good for a new coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom