New Hopkins article | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Hopkins article

so what HC jobs did he turn down? I think BC was pretty much offered to him but with stingy out clauses so he couldn't snake back to Syracuse but what are the other two (Charlotte?)

He won't get 600K for it. Know the home well and the neighborhood very well.
I bow to your expertise.

Do you have an idea if he is making a profit on it at least?

so what HC jobs did he turn down? I think BC was pretty much offered to him but with stingy out clauses so he couldn't snake back to Syracuse but what are the other two (Charlotte?)

St. Bonaventure.

Yeah but it's what he is used to. Eventually he will drink coffee in better places and maybe switch. Or maybe not. Some people like that overroasted coffee bean taste!

It's like moving to Syracuse and saying you get BBQ flown in. Starbucks is Seattle. The new guy is showing respect and earning his way in.

There are some real coffee snobs in here. At this is coming from a guy living in Seattle.

St. Bonaventure.

There were more but discretion and intelligence prevent him from disclosing any previous discussions. Places that put out feelers and offers don't like publicity being turned down especially if they did it before the sitting coach was officially dismissed. JB has had them too but again, being in the business, professionals don't reveal info that college programs, NBA teams etc don't want publicized. Not a good look and pretty short sighted when a coach tries to puff himself up by publicizing who he's shot down. Some colleges will actually fire coaches who publicly look elsewhere for offers (BC etc) so it's usually "unofficial, official" feelers. Sometimes an agent will "secretly" disclose it after the fact to ramp up more interest but that can be a dicey move too.

I'm surprised he was able to get both Dickerson and Nowell to stay. That is huge. I was thinking 1 of 2 tops. I thought Nowell would go elsewhere but Dickerson might come back but was bracing myself for neither.

I'm surprised he was able to get both Dickerson and Nowell to stay. That is huge. I was thinking 1 of 2 tops. I thought Nowell would go elsewhere but Dickerson might come back but was bracing myself for neither.
Is the Washington Nowell a relation of Mel Nowell that played for Ohio State many years ago?

Is the Washington Nowell a relation of Mel Nowell that played for Ohio State many years ago?
His dad is named Mike and died a year or two ago. Was a coach at Seattle university under Dollar. Probably helped but I still thought he would go elsewhere.

He was also an assistant with Seattle Rotary which along with Friends of Hoop are two of the more well know AAU teams in the city.

anyone else unfollow him on twitter?
Why would someone do that. Now with Nowell and Dickerson back they could finish at our above 500 with a few breaks going there way. You know how good that would make syracuse basketball look? They could have an 8 game year over year improvement with losing the #1 pick in the draft. He was also here for over 20 years so how about a little loyalty and support for our own people.

Why would someone do that. Now with Nowell and Dickerson back they could finish at our above 500 with a few breaks going there way. You know how good that would make syracuse basketball look? They could have an 8 game year over year improvement with losing the #1 pick in the draft. He was also here for over 20 years so how about a little loyalty and support for our own people.
Yup. He is still is our guy. I'm looking into a six game plan, but they're not available yet.

Yup. He is still is our guy. I'm looking into a six game plan, but they're not available yet.

I'm going to look into that myself, flights are less than 100 bucks to Seattle from Vegas.

I'm going to look into that myself, flights are less than 100 bucks to Seattle from Vegas.
I can go RT 3 days with hotel the other way for less than 300 . They want my money.

Let me know what you do. I got season tickets but then people changed their mind so I can get a 6 game pack with you and then buy single tickets for the other. Maybe we can get 3 with cuseattle.

Let me know what you do. I got season tickets but then people changed their mind so I can get a 6 game pack with you and then buy single tickets for the other. Maybe we can get 3 with cuseattle.
I'm in guys.

Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom