New ideas for JoePa statue | Syracusefan.com

New ideas for JoePa statue

billsin01

All American
I'm coming around to the idea of leaving the JoePa statue erect at PSU. I mean, why deprive them of their leader when maybe we can work with the existing statue to more accurately reflect the man and his legacy appropriately. Here are a couple ideas:

1) The players behind him could be running over a copy of the Bill of Rights and the University Handbook to symbolize their ability to play by their own rules

2) Maybe where JoePa's foot is lifted, we could put a sculpture of a kid underneath his foot, as if JoePa is trampling him on the way to the field.

3) this one's my personal favorite -- how about we add his right-hand man, Sandusky, running next to him. Then we can add a bunch of children scattering and running scared in front of them. And we can add a plaque -- "Penn State Football: Just Horsing Around!"

I don't know, then we don't have to destroy the statue but we add a bit of context. Everybody wins.

seeno.jpg
Actually I think they need to add two more JoePa statutes to the first arranged as follows:

They should recreate the image below, make a life-sized replica, and put the JoePa statue on top of the artist's rendering.

And put it right outside the Lasch Building...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342467443.194515.jpg

Leave Joe Pa's stature alone. (although I think Orangello's suggestion is excellent)

Instead paint the face of every PSU lion statue or picture on campus red (signifying embarrassment).

Actually what they ought to do is put the disposition of the statue up to a vote of the students, the alumni and the faculty.

There would be four choices:
1. The statue should remain where it is as it is.
2. The statue should be moved to another less prominent place on campus
3. The statue should be removed from campus
4, The stature should be destroyed in place in a ceremony (e.g, when they pulled down Saddam Hussein's statue)

This would not only take care of the statue issue, but it would put everybody on record supporting it.

Is covering up child rape and protecting the rapist pedophile evil?

The answer to that question should help determine what should be done with the statue.

I read this weekend that the painter of a mural in Happy Valley has covered up the halo that was over JoePa's head in it.

You know what's sick, THAT THEY PUT A HALO OVER A FOOTBALL COACHES HEAD!

That's all one needs to know about how utterly f-cked up the culture has been for decades there. A halo? He's a football coach. A HALO?!?!

This is why I support blowing that program up. No one there gets it. What an obscene culture.

I read this weekend that the painter of a mural in Happy Valley has covered up the halo that was over JoePa's head in it.

You know what's sick, THAT THEY PUT A HALO OVER A FOOTBALL COACHES HEAD!

That's all one needs to know about how utterly f-cked up the culture has been for decades there. A halo? He's a football coach. A HALO?!?!

This is why I support blowing that program up. No one there gets it. What an obscene culture.

Even worse - the idiot artist replaced the halo with a blue ribbon - for child sex abuse awareness or some bullshit. If Joe Paterno gave two shits about sexually abused kids 20+ of Sandusky's victims after at least 1998 would have been saved.

The idiots running Penn State and the members of the Happy Valley cult - which seems to be almost all of State College - really don't get it.

The statue is nearly perfect. Paterno leading players out with his #1 finger raised to the heaven, saying to all that he and Penn State football are number one at Penn State. "F" anything else (literally), football is the most important thing at Penn State. The only thing more appropriate might be if Paterno had his middle finger raised, because that's exactly how he lived his life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom