New IPF stacks up well | Syracusefan.com

New IPF stacks up well

xc84

Living Legend
Looking at the only renderings we have seen (big box), I think it stacks up very well against any of the others (at least the playing field part).

1334188175-1102-catwalk-1000x423.0_standard_730.0.0_standard_709.0.jpg

v. e.g.
bergstrom.jpg

Don't think we'll see the "big box" design for that price. Hopefully when they announce fundraising they'll have the design.

Looking at the only renderings we have seen (big box), I think it stacks up very well against any of the others (at least the playing field part).

1334188175-1102-catwalk-1000x423.0_standard_730.0.0_standard_709.0.jpg

v. e.g.
bergstrom.jpg
just want people to keep in mind that when you are looking at $ numbers spent by some other programs, and the ammenities that other facilities include, the 17 mill. being spent here does not include the upgrades already done, all the upgrades in and around manley, if these were included, as they were in the article at the other schools, the total package here does certainly equal or better all the others. I just think the way the information has been presented in the recent article, it looks like some of these other schools are spending much more on their IPF facilities, however, the #'s presented from the other schools, and the ammenities are for the whole package. The 17 mill. here is just for the IPF!

My thinking is, if it was Big Box, they would have showed the renders. It must be a new design

just want people to keep in mind that when you are looking at $ numbers spent by some other programs, and the ammenities that other facilities include, the 17 mill. being spent here does not include the upgrades already done, all the upgrades in and around manley, if these were included, as they were in the article at the other schools, the total package here does certainly equal or better all the others. I just think the way the information has been presented in the recent article, it looks like some of these other schools are spending much more on their IPF facilities, however, the #'s presented from the other schools, and the ammenities are for the whole package. The 17 mill. here is just for the IPF!
I agree and think that just looking at and comparing costs is not a great way to compare. Look at the Carmelo center. Great facility and in the upper echelon but relatively modest cost.

I agree with the above. Regardless, I'm pumped up, I just hope they don't go too plain jane on the exterior. We don't need Italian marble, though Orange would look cool, with Corinthian columns and such, but it needs to be more eye appealing than the Dome's exterior.

My thinking is, if it was Big Box, they would have showed the renders. It must be a new design

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And I'm not so sure Bernheimer is the architect--could that just have been a proposal? (just checked and the renderings are still on their site)

Something is up or they would have shown the renderings at the announcement. Gotta keep in mind most SU fans haven't seen those renderings yet.

Did I hear or read, or was maybe dreaming, that the IPF was going to be used by other sports and not be exclusively a football practice facility? If so, maybe that is adding cost.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Did I hear or read, or was maybe dreaming, that the IPF was going to be used by other sports and not be exclusively a football practice facility? If so, maybe that is adding cost.

Yes. The release said it will be used by other teams too.

I loved the "Ice Box" design. Still hoping that is the plan

I like it too. Lots of "head room" inside. I also like the concept of variable graphics on the outside walls if they can execute it without it looking cheesy.

Yup, it was intended to follow in the style of the Carmelo K. Anthony Center.

I like it too. Lots of "head room" inside. I also like the concept of variable graphics on the outside walls if they can execute it without it looking cheesy.

I hope they spend the money and hire a real kickass graphic designer to do the whole place up. Kinda like the company that someone posted previously, but with less cheesy things like lens flares. That's really a big differentiator with these boxy, plain IPFs.

Yes. The release said it will be used by other teams too.

Might be the reason for both what appeared to be a delay in the announcement as well as no renderings. We may be modifying some things to account for use by other sports. Could also be why it appears to cost more than the standard box some others have. Lastly, it may have been changed to also increase the fundraising opportunities.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia
Gross also says on @ESPNCNY @Cuse will begin an "I'm in" campaign soon where people can donate $$ to help build the facility.

I agree and think that just looking at and comparing costs is not a great way to compare. Look at the Carmelo center. Great facility and in the upper echelon but relatively modest cost.
If you consider 30 mil a modest cost... wow.

I agree with the above. Regardless, I'm pumped up, I just hope they don't go too plain jane on the exterior. We don't need Italian marble, though Orange would look cool, with Corinthian columns and such, but it needs to be more eye appealing than the Dome's exterior.

For the heck of it, I checked out Tennessee's from the link provided in the PS article...it does have columns, with, I think, a stucco exterior. It looks pretty amazing...

If you consider 30 mil a modest cost... wow.
I would not consider $30M to be relatively modest. I consider $19 million (the center's cost) to be relatively modest though.

Spoke with some designers last night from a local firm. Box is out. Bids/Designs due Friday. I'm sure someone more important can confirm said info.

Yup, it was intended to follow in the style of the Carmelo K. Anthony Center.

Spoke with some designers last night from a local firm. Box is out. Bids/Designs due Friday.
Hmm...since designs are not in, were there rules that said "no box"?

Spoke with some designers last night from a local firm. Box is out. Bids/Designs due Friday. I'm sure someone more important can confirm said info.

If bids aren't in there how do they know the price? Must be some kind of NTE thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom