New Lampkin / Moore Podcast: Da Bigggest Chopp Up | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Lampkin / Moore Podcast: Da Bigggest Chopp Up

Eddie is a good kid - seems to be really focused on doing right by his family while taking advantage of the benefits that are available to kids now that weren’t before.

He hasn’t shied away from getting involved and being a part of the SU community no matter what pct of that was required. Kid sure looks to be in much better shape too seems to have cut down some of that excess bad weight.

It’s funny that Eddie can’t stop moving his legs. They’re in constant motion.

I was surprised at how close Adam and Griff seem to be. It does seem that the only issue with Adam coming back to the fold is the Chancellor. Adam had good things to say about Red, Wildhack, Fran, and JB. He even shouted out Pete Sala. He is hurt about all of this, you can clearly see. Support-wise...I know he likes to do his own thing, but contributing to one of the collectives isn't a bad thing. I wish he would re-consider that option, but it's his money and he feels a way about it. I mean, he could support by giving to one of the collectives (in the background) and at the same time be in the spotlight by bringing folks to the Dome. Again, it's not my money and he has every right to do with it what he wants. Just spit-balling out loud.

I was surprised at how close Adam and Griff seem to be. It does seem that the only issue with Adam coming back to the fold is the Chancellor. Adam had good things to say about Red, Wildhack, Fran, and JB. He even shouted out Pete Sala. He is hurt about all of this, you can clearly see. Support-wise...I know he likes to do his own thing, but contributing to one of the collectives isn't a bad thing. I wish he would re-consider that option, but it's his money and he feels a way about it. I mean, he could support by giving to one of the collectives (in the background) and at the same time be in the spotlight by bringing folks to the Dome. Again, it's not my money and he has every right to do with it what he wants. Just spit-balling out loud.
If I could talk to Kent, I’d say “You should write to Adam saying Please Forgive Me. And, if you do he may Run to You. It’d be like Heaven.”

Whole situation truly is strange. Was waiting for them to ask if Severyud leaves, would Weitsman consider NIL again? They way it came across, Kent is the only one who had a problem with what Adam was doing
Kent is a major asset to Syracuse University. I trust him implicity with any of these issues as an alum. I don't think Kent is running people away from the program.

Cooper Flagg better go #1 after this year. That's another big metric of success for Scheyer.
If Flagg goes #1, it's expected and there's no credit due to anyone but him. If he doesn't go #1, it's all Scheyer's fault.

Not passing judgement, just saying that's how it will be viewed.

Honestly, can SU stop him from hiring kids to advertise or do charity work? Doubtful.

College basketball isn't the same sport I loved for my entire memory.

Honestly no sport is the same anymore at any level whether it’s trades and FA madness, constant reviews and pauses in play or the portal and NIL, it’s all so much different. Not to mention fantasy sports seem more important( or growing in importance) vs being a true fan these days because in some part to the changes.

We take what we can get /hang on to and try and enjoy it.

Honestly no sport is the same anymore at any level whether it’s trades and FA madness, constant reviews and pauses in play or the portal and NIL, it’s all so much different. Not to mention fantasy sports seem more important( or growing in importance) vs being a true fan these days because in some part to the changes.

We take what we can get /hang on to and try and enjoy it.
3 major changes:
1. Kids going pro very early
2. Freedom of transferring
3. Kids getting paid

# 3 is really not very different. Now it’s on the table, not under it. Also, more kids are benefiting

YES!!! They addressed that. They will clean that up. I have been critical of the dialogue, but I do understand that is young people's lingo. There was none of that with Adam. I was honestly really impressed with the questions from Choppa and Eddie, especially Choppa. He is a bright young man. And he works hard!!!
I really appreciated Choppa's thoughtfulness with his questions and his comments. He is ahead of his years in maturity.

Why Weitsman though? Does he even support the program anymore?

I saw a thing he posted on Linked In, talking about how his crew was going to load a record amount of slag metal on railroad cars, like a challenge.

I mean, I worked at Crucible. I sure hope you're paying these guys piecework if you pushing them to set records at how hard they work. That stuff can kill you.

There's no publicity in giving to a collective.

If Flagg goes #1, it's expected and there's no credit due to anyone but him. If he doesn't go #1, it's all Scheyer's fault.

Not passing judgement, just saying that's how it will be viewed.
If Flagg had decided to do peace corps for a year instead of going to Duke, he would be the number one pick next year.

Duke won't do anything for him, except pay him NIL.

Bro, im not gonna lie. I was rotflmao when da bigggest was picking on the no destination dude for shaking. Eddie literally never stops shaking his legs.

I really appreciated Choppa's thoughtfulness with his questions and his comments. He is ahead of his years in maturity.
I agree. He called out Eddies word salads and off the wall opinions many times. My favorite part of the show.
Podcasting is tougher than it seems. Bro, Im not knocking on Eddie bc he offers comedic relief at times. But Im not gonna lie, Choppas pod game is much more refined as a youngster.
I hope he steps up and can play good defense so he gets his chance.
If Westry is unable to get his game back to 100%. choppa could be a key to this team.
Even if its only 8 minutes a game, if he can come in and play +defense and knock down a couple 3s, thats a big bonus for this team.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom